April Fools Pranks to Pull

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

What’s tomorrow? APRIL FOOLS! No, seriously April 1st is tomorrow! It’s a day full of hijinks and pranks that only comes around once a year so you don’t want to miss out. Here are some pranks to pull that are harmless and fun: 

1. Two-Ply or Not Two-Ply?

This is a classic. Grab some toilet paper and TP your friend’s room.   

2. Who’s Thirsty?

This is another classic prank. Fill cups with a little bit of water and place them in someone’s room so they can’t walk in. 

3. That’s a Wrap!

My friend and a group of girls did this to their RA freshman year. Put plastic wrap over the openings of anything from shampoo bottles to water bottles. Next time they go to squeeze out their shampoo they’ll be v confused. You can also plastic wrap items in their room like books, pillows or maybe even their bed. To really up the game, use wrapping paper. When they walk into their room it’ll be like Christmas morning. 

4. No Re-Entry 

A couple of girls did this in my dorm to our Hall Director and it was so funny. Here’s what you do: Put multiple layers of plastic wrap across their door frame so they can’t get into their room unless they cut through all the plastic wrap. It worked great on my Hall Director especially since when she got home she had to pee so bad but she couldn’t get into her apartment. Check out this WikiHow for more instructions.

5. Dude, Where’s My Bed?

Alright, you might need some help to pull this one off, but it’s definitely worth it. The goal is to move their bed to a common space aka the lobby of your dorm. Set up the bed exactly like they had it and you’re set. Another option is to replace their bed with a table. Put a table in the exact spot that their bed was in and then putt all their bedding on top. This was a prank that was pulled on my Assistant Hall Director back when she was a Resident Assistant. The only reason she figured it out was that when she walked into her room her bed was made but she hadn’t made her bed that morning. So with that being said, make sure you make the bed exactly like you found it. 

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.