5 Movies Coming Out in April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

April’s packed with new movies. Whether you’re into comedies, dramas or nature documentaries, there’s something for everyone. Here are 5 new movies to check out this month: 

1. A Quiet Place (Release Date: April 6th, 2018)

Mum’s the word for this drama/thriller. This movie follows the life of a family forced to live in silence for fear of being hunted by creatures that hunt by sound. 

2. Blockers (Release Date: April 6th, 2018)

I don’t know about you, but I’d totally want Leslie Mann as my mom. I can’t say the same for Julie, Leslie Mann’s daughter in this comedy though. Mann along with John Cena and Ike Barinholtz play a trio of parents who try to put a stop to their daughters’ pact to lose their virginities on prom night. 

3. Avengers: Infinity War (Release Date: April 27th, 2018)

Calling all Marvel fans, mark your calendars for April 27th for the newest addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In this superhero film, the Avengers join forces with the Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat Thanos. I guess it’s true what they say, teamwork makes the dream work.   

4. I Feel Pretty (Release Date: April 20th, 2018)

Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt insecure. Okay, same here, but it’s all about confidence in this comedy starring the one and only Amy Schumer. Three words to describe this movie: Flawless. Fabulous. Fun. 

5. Dolphins (Release Date: April 20th, 2018)

Who doesn’t love dolphins? Join Disney Nature in this documentary all about these creatures of the sea. 

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.