Why Everyone is Talking About Lush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Lately it seems all you are seeing on Snapchat stories and Instagram are videos of these colorful balls fizzing in peoples’ bathtubs. What are these crazy little creations? They are bathbombs by Lush Cosmetics! 

Lush makes anything and everything for your beauty needs. They are all completely fresh and handmade, and they are also not animal tested. If you ever shop at Lush you notice on their shopping bags and signs that they don’t approve on animal testing. On Lush’s website they have a page on how they test things and also why they don’t use animals. Lush has been fighting against animal testing for 30 years now, however the founders have been fighting against animal testing long before Lush was even an idea.

Now lets talk about their incredible inventory: they have things for the bath, shower, face, body, makeup, perfume, and spa! I can tell you my favorite products are defintely the bath bombs. At most they are about $7 each, and all you do is draw a bath, put your bath bomb in the water and watch it dissolve. It will leave your skin so soft and smooth.

I also love their shower jellies. My favorite is called “Whoosh.” Whoosh can be chilled, froze, or simply kept it in your shower. It really feels like jelly against your body, but it smells amazing and it’s also good for your skin!

Lush comes out with new products every season and holiday. Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, they’ve made heart shaped bath bombs and soaps with all types of scents. They also make gifts that comes with different products. 

Lush is an awesome store with great inventory and prices. Stop by our local Lush Cosmetics store in Macy’s on Smithfield St. or visit them online

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.