Life > Experiences

Volunteering at Frick Park for Pioneer Community Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Point Park hosted a community service day where  students had the opportunity to volunteer for different causes. I had the chance to chair an event and I chose to do some tree planting in Frick Park. Being a new resident of Pittsburgh, this was my first time going to Frick Park.

Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy hosted the event and along with my Point Park group many other people attended.  I think that it’s important to take care of our environment; Earth is our home and we have to respect it. I love volunteering and have been doing a lot of it since coming to Point Park. I know that I’m only one person, but I hope that whatever little thing I do, can somehow make a huge impact on someone else’s life.

During the event we cleaned up near a stream, I took this photo because at that moment I felt really happy. Happy with what I was doing, and happy with the decisions I’ve made this past year. Some of those decisions are unpopular with people in my life and some are only for me to know, but the most important thing is that they are mine.