Top 5 Must-Have Apps For College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.
What was college life even like before we were #blessed with the Smartphone? We shall never know. Here are the top 5 apps college students need in their lives: 

For those late night study sessions when you really have the munchies, EAT24 can help feed your hunger. It allows you to order from over 25,000 different restaurants that can deliver straight to you and that means you don’t have to get dressed up!

This app is for when you hear that song that your friends play and you love, but don’t know what the name is. Just “Shazam” it. Shazam allows you to simply press one button to find out what the name of the song is. 
 If you’re someone who makes the endless to-do list every day, this app is just for you. Any.do is a app that can help remind you what you need to get done throughout the week.
When it comes to the beginning of the semester and you need to find books, this app will be your best friend. Chegg will help you find just about any book with a simple scan of the barcode or typing in the ISBN and it is generally much cheaper than the bookstore!

This app is perfect for when you need a good laugh or when you’re trying to find the best place to hit up this weekend.  Yik Yak is a app that lets you anonymously create and view “Yaks” within a 5-mile radius.
Becky Zur

Point Park

Red head, blue eyes and a dedicated Swifty.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.