The Three Dooms of February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

It’s February. Love is in the air; at least it’s supposed to be. This year, it seems like Cupid is taking a nap to avoid his responsibilities. I guess us college kids and the flying baby with the arrow have something in common. Sorry homework assignments, we’ll do you when we get up in 24 hours. Mom, dad, doctors, and anyone else who cares about our inconsistent sleeping habits, we’re currently resting so much to avoid the fact that:

1. Single-Awareness Day is this weekend!
  2. Beyonce is coming to Pittsburgh and financial aid won’t cover the cost!
  3. Midterms are closer to us then bae is!

But fear not, my friends. With every problem, there’s a solution. That’s one thing I’ve actually retained from math class.

“Love Myself” by Hailee Steinfeld is this month’s anthem.

Don’t fret this Valentine’s Day. It comes only once a year, so it’s manageable with or without a date. You can still celebrate this lovely day by treating yourself to some chocolates and roses. Also, as “Frozen” has taught us, love isn’t just about a significant other. Share the love with your friends, siblings, parents, and even teachers.

Media is made for a reason (and parents)

While there’s no comparison to seeing an artist in person, you can always watch concerts online. This option saves tons of money and you still get to be blessed by the amazing Beyoncé. It may be a few days later, but hey, who’s counting? If you simply can’t fathom this idea, you can always go tell your parents that the only way you’re going to survive college is if you get to see the queen herself. You could always, at least, try to set up a payment plan with them if you can’t purchase the tickets the day they go on sale – and trust me, that’s exactly what you’re going to want to do!

Midterms mean you’re one step closer

Midterms are the epitome of suffering and despair, but getting through them only means our waiting is finally over. It’s time to be welcomed by warm weather and swimsuits… I mean, it could potentially be snow and weather confused outfits during those ten glorious days of Spring Break, but at least it’s a break, right?

So you see, there ARE ways to get through the Three Dooms of February.  Best of luck getting through Single Awareness Day, finding a way to finance your Beyonce obsession, and getting through midterms!

Mira Bailey

Point Park

Hey my name's Mira. I'm a student at Point Park University majoring in Mass Communications. I love all things fitness and film related. One day, I'd love to become a screenwriter. If that doesn't work out, I'd like to work in marketing and public relations. I spend most of my time at the gym or watching American Dad. I can't wait for #HTGAWM to come back on. Annalise Keating is amazing, but even more so is Viola Davis.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.