Things ’90s Kids Forgot About Their Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen

They basically took over every girl’s life. You were lying if you said you hadn’t seen every one of their “Your Invited to Mary Kate and Ashley’s…” or “The Adventure’s of Mary Kate and Ashley….” videos in addition to the 500,000 movies they starred in together.

Polly Pocket

Those three inch dolls and their rubber clothing could be found all over your house at any given time. I’m sure if you lifted up a couch cushion or two you’d get lucky and find a something related to your Polly Pocket phase.

Blow Up Furniture

I still don’t understand why they fizzled away. Having a cool set of blow up furniture could have boost your cool factor from a nine, to a ten.

Tattoo Choker Necklaces

Maybe Kylie Jenner can bring them back.

Sidewalk Chalk

I’m sure we’re all guilty of spending hours upon hours in the summer of completely vandalizing our driveways and sidewalks with our beautiful artwork. You may have even been guilty of eating a piece or two.

Skip It

You were either good at it, or bad at it… there was no in-between. Regardless, you spent hours upon hours on trying to get your score up. Even if that mean swinging it around your arm when no one was looking.

Kid Cuisine Meals

They were so delicious, but so expensive. If you were able to convince Mom or Dad to buy you one, it was literally like hitting the lottery.

All That

This show was one of the smartest things Nickelodeon ever did. It basically a prequel for the future of SNL. Half the characters who starred in the original cast are now comedians.

McDonald’s Mighty Kids Meals

Even McDonald’s knew it was hard for us all to admit we loved a Happy Meal now and then after age six. This was their genius solution. We also got more fries.

Destiny’s Child

Sometimes we tend to forget that Beyoncé was a thing before she was Beyoncé.

Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.