There is so much more to order at Pizza Fiesta than just a College Special…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Let’s face it. We’re all guilty of dialing up the best-kept secret of Smithfield Street, Pizza Fiesta, and immediately ordering the “college special” – usually with an extra ranch… or five. The college special consists of one large pizza, an order of breadsticks and a liter of soda all for $12.99. While this is a great deal, the majority of college students in the Pittsburgh area seem to forget that there is much more to Pizza Fiesta’s menu than just the college special.

1. Broccoli Puffs – By far the most underrated item on their menu. It’s deep fried broccoli and cheese. Need we say more?  They basically melt in your mouth.

2. Fiesta Rolls – They’re basically your typical “pepperoni roll” but with four different options to chose from ranging from standard pepperoni to spinach and feta.

3. Sugar Balls – These will definitely cure your sweet tooth. It’s deep fried dough coated in powdered sugar. They’re essentially just mini funnel cakes and are absolutely delicious.

4. Buffalo Fries w/ Cheese and Bacon – Who doesn’t like anything with buffalo sauce on it? Not to mention melted cheese and bacon bits on top of French fries. It’s the four college food groups combined into one tasty treat.

5. Tuscan Chicken Salad – Let’s face it, sometimes you just have to say no to pizza and go for a healthier option.  This is a flavorful alternative to the greasy, fried goodness of the items listed above.

So, there you have it.  Clearly Pizza Fiesta has much more to offer than just the college special.  Next time you give your favorite neighborhood pizza joint a ring, go out on a limb and try one of these other delicious options!

Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.