Our Least Favorite Movie Sequels Of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Mean Girls 2

This made-for-TV movie unfortunately doesn’t do the original justice! Where’s Cady Heron? Regina George? There’s not even a Burn Book! Mean Girls 2 moves away from the wildly inappropriate humor & quotes that make the original what it is, and dumbs itself down to meet the made for TV standards.

Grease 2

While the original is filled with fun songs you’ll always know the words to, Grease 2 is an awkward continuation of the original plot line. To the first Grease: you’re the one that I want!

Pocahontas 2

“Journey to the New World” is the straight-to-VHS sequel to one of the greatest Disney movies of our childhood. In Pocahontas 2, Pocahontas travels to England to help prevent war between her tribe and the English settlers. While it seems to carry historical importance, “Journey to the New World” is hardly as fun and exciting as the original.

Sandlot 2

Sandlot 2 is nothing close to the first since it’s missing the quotable humor. Maybe we enjoyed the original more because of the underdog plot. Sandlot 2…. You’re killin’ me, smalls.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

There’s no Orlando Bloom or Kiera Knightly in this installment of the series, and not including so many key original cast members hurt the film. Sure, Johnny Depp was the life of the first three movies, but “On Stranger Tides” lacks something without the others. 

Jake Owens

Point Park