This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

No Cameras Allowed first aired in LA before making its debut with MTV in August.  

No Cameras Allowed is an incredible documentary that follows the career of James Marcus Haney, better known as Marcus, who breaks into the biggest music festivals, concerts and even award shows in the world. For any concert lover, this documentary is a MUST see!  

We all dream of just getting to go to the biggest music festivals – but for free, that’s unheard of. There has always been a thought in my mind of wishing I could just make fake press passes and get into to concerts for free but that always seemed so unrealistic… until now.

Haney’s action shot of Skrillex on stage

Marcus Haney quickly became addicted to sneaking into concerts, making fake wristbands, press passes and just essentially sweet-talking and fast-talking his way into to shows without being caught. Haney would throw on multiple wristbands to make him seem like he was supposed to be there. Also, he wore multiple cameras around his neck to seem important and a legitimate photographer. Well, it worked. 

Some of Haney’s cameras that he used to get him through security gates

Haney successfully snuck into Coachella with a handful of friends multiple times, Bonnaroo, Glastonbury, Austin City Limits and even the Grammy’s.

Haney’s on stage picture of the Bonnaroo sign

Singer Ellie Goulding even tweeted at him, daring him to sneak into her private show on a deserted island in the Bermuda Triangle. Haney, of course, successfully did and met her backstage.

Ellie’s tweet to Marcus about sneaking into the show

Haney dressed up and acted like Ellie Goulding to get him into the show, and backstage

Marcus Haney is now a Director/Photographer, who, like all of us, just started out as a fan. He has become very well know for his sneaking into music festivals, leading to him going on tour with Mumford & Sons as their official photographer. Haney took some big risks to get tot where he is today but so far it has all seemed to work out in his favor.

Haney’s photo of a good friend crowd surfing at a festival

Watch the incredible documentary No Cameras Allowed online courtesy of MTV.

See some of Haney’s other work on his website and follow him, @marcushaney, on Twitter and Instagram to see some more of the amazing things he has done.

Marcus’ Website including the picture he took of Beyoncé

All pictures are from Marcus Haney’s Instagram.

Freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management Major at Point Park University. I tend to go to way too many concerts and hockey games. Social media girl for the @hcpointpark Twitter & Instagram. #HXCO
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.