The Most Hilarious Tinder Pick-Up Lines Of Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

There’s no question that one of the most talked about iPhone apps as of late is the infamous Tinder. If you don’t have one yourself, chances are a few of your friends do, and a lot of their friends do too. Tinder is extremely entertaining for ladies and gents alike. Why, you ask? Simple: pick-up lines! Inspired by this article from HC U Penn, we decided to put a Pittsburgh spin on Tinder lines, bringing you the best and most ridiculous Tinder pick-up lines from the ‘burgh! For the past three weeks, we’ve been collecting screenshots from local users of the app, and have come to the conclusion that Tinder lines can best be split into 8 categories:

Awkward: Sometimes you think he’s going to flirt with you, then all of a sudden the conversation takes an odd turn.

Blunt: These guys aren’t going to beat around the bush. They’re DTF and want to know if you are too.

Funny: Who doesn’t love a good, clever pick-up line? These tend to be the most successful and can lead to a pretty interesting conversation!

Cute: Nothing is smoother than a cute pick-up line, scientifically proven to work 100% of the time.

Disgusting: Enough said.  

Nerdy: These are both funny and cute- guaranteed to make you giggle.

Offensive: Some walk a line between funny and offensive, but some are just down right awful!

Relentless: Really dude? If she didn’t reply the first or second time, she’s NOT going to answer you three hours (or days) later. 

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.