The Importance of H&M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

The first question I should ask is, “Who doesn’t like H&M?” H&M has become of the hottest stores in retail. H&M (stands for Hennes & Mauritz) was originated in Sweden that offered consumers trendy clothes for fair prices. The first United States store launched in May 2000 in New York City. It was opened with rave reviews and continued to grow as the years went on. Flash-forward to 2015, and H&M has more than 3,500 stores opened in the United States. For the curious, H&M style ranges from early teens to mature men and women. They also offer a children’s section. The question is why is H&M so important to consumers? Well the answer is simple, it is affordable. In today’s economy, not everyone has cash they can just blow, and if you are me (and in college) retail therapy is necessary, but costly. H&M offers runway like fashion for prices ranging from five dollars to the hundreds. Whatever budget you have, you can afford H&M. I got a whole outfit there once for forty five dollars. Fifteen dollars for a button up, twenty dollars for jeans, and ten dollars for a pair of shoes. That would cost more than one hundred fifty dollars at stores like Express, American Eagle, and Pac Sun. Every person should be able to have a retail therapy session every once in a while.  We work our butts off in school and once in a while, deserve something new and pretty. The stress of everyday life gets to us and that new shirt or purse can cheer us up in ways we don’t even know.  This is why H&M is important, because it lets us enjoy trendy clothes, feel good about ourselves, without blowing that whole paycheck. We need to treat ourselves. It is important for our mental health. So, if you haven’t been to H&M, I highly recommend it. You won’t regret it!

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.