Have YOU Been Keeping Up With The Kardashians?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll do just about anything to avoid doing schoolwork or things that actually matter.

One thing I especially love doing in my quests of procrastination is watching really terrible reality TV shows – my favorite probably being Keeping Up with the Kardashians. In case you haven’t heard much about the family recently, I’ll give you a rundown on what each of them has been up to:

Kim Kardashian-West

Arguably the most famous Kardashian, this 34-year-old socialite was recently spotted at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards with her husband, rapper Kanye West. In addition to keeping up appearances at star-studded events, Kim is also busy raising her 1-year-old daughter, North. Very recently, Kim and North went on a skiing trip in Montana with sisters Khloé and Kylie, and got into a dangerous car accident, though all involved parties survived.

Kourtney Kardashian

The 35-year-old sister has stayed off the radar more than anyone in the family recently, due to the fact she and partner Scott Disick have been very busy raising three children together! The most recent addition to their family, Reign Aston Disick, was born on December 14th, 2014, which also happened to be the 5th birthday of their first son Mason. Despite being busy with motherhood, Kourtney still looks fabulous and is closer to her family than ever.

Khloé Kardashian

This 30-year-old Kardashian used to be known for her larger figure, but in recent years, has lost a ton of weight and looks flawless as ever. In addition to losing weight, she’s also lost her (soon-to-be ex) husband, NBA player Lamar Odom. Since filing for divorce, citing infidelity on Lamar’s part, Khloé dated rapper French Montana for 7 months, though the two have since broken up as well. Very recently, Khloé got into a heated Twitter fight with Kanye’s ex Amber Rose who apparently dissed Khloé’s little sister Kylie. 

Kylie Jenner

The youngest sister at only 17, Kylie is known for her blue hair, her edgy style, and her confirmed romance with 25-year-old rapper Tyga. Despite rumors that Kylie was forced to move out of her mother Kris’s house due to her potentially illegal relationship, it appears that she actually left voluntarily, and now lives with older sister Kim. In addition to this, all of Kylie’s social media accounts point to a very close relationship between her and Khloé – the two recently went heli-skiing together and even bought each other flowers for Valentine’s Day.

Kendall Jenner

Kylie’s older sister, this 19-year-old has been busy keeping up with her modeling career. She recently modeled at New York Fashion Week, and apparently was bullied by the other NYFW models in the form of nasty Instagram comments. One of the alleged bullies, Lexi Boling, 21, has since made a public apology to Kendall for her insensitivity. Due to her modeling success and her rapidly rising net worth of $3 million, Kim (who has a net worth of $28 million) reportedly feels threatened. There have also been rumors recently that Kendall is dating 23-year-old rapper Tyler the Creator.

Bruce Jenner

If anyone in this family is having a tough time recently, it’s definitely the patriarch, Bruce. Not only did he recently divorce from Kris, he has also undergone a very drastic change in physical appearance, which many claim to be the first steps in a sex reassignment surgery. Though it is currently unknown whether or not this former Olympic athlete is on his way to becoming Ms. Bruce Jenner, he has also made his way into headlines with his involvement in a recent vehicle collision which caused the death of 69-year-old Kim Howe.

Kris Jenner 

Known famously for being the Kardashian girls’ “Momager,” Kris recently had a nude video of herself stolen from her iCloud account and is being blackmailed for money in exchange for the naked footage. She filed a criminal complaint with the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department, but the threat of the footage leaking is still present. Aside from this debacle, Kris recently divorced Bruce and is now dating Corey Gamble, 34, who is almost half her age. She is also reportedly furious with Kanye for confirming the alleged romance between Kylie and Tyga. 

Kanye West 

Kim’s husband and father to North, this rapper recently made headlines with a stunt that he attempted to pull at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards. When singer-songwriter Beck won Album of the Year for his twelfth studio album Morning Phase, Kanye quite literally pulled a Kanye and ran up on stage about to make a scene because Beck beat Beyoncé – throwback to the VMAs in 2009 when he did the same thing to Taylor Swift. He then proceeded to say in interviews that “The Grammys need to respect artistry.” In other news, Kanye is designing a video game inspired by his single “Only One.” He also recently featured with Paul McCartney on Rihanna’s new single “FourFiveSeconds.”

Kevin Malesic is a freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park and is thrilled to be getting involved with Her Campus.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.