This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Everyone is fully aware of all the touristy must see views that Pittsburgh has to offer, one of the most popular being the incline that takes you up to Mount Washington. What few people know is the off the grid spot that is also located on Mount Washington.

Everyone heads straight towards the right to step out onto one of the three overlooks that provides an amazing view of the city, but if you don’t mind taking a little walk down a steep and rusty set of steps then you are able to get the same view, but even better.

If you still enjoy the city lights but aren’t a fan of all the tourists, I highly recommend this spot. It’s covered in graffiti, large rocks to post up on, and it’s deserted. It’s one of the best spots to head to with friends to just sit around and talk about life with.

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.