This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

I have a dorm-friendly treat for all my collegiettes to try! Being a student comes with pressures and stress… Why do we have to sacrifice our health too? We don’t, so check out this easy to make, single serving smoothie that will turn you into a veggie lover in no time:

Dorm-made Green Machine Smoothie

You’ll only need 7 items:

2 Handfuls of fresh baby spinach

½ Ripped banana

½ -1 cup of frozen or fresh strawberries (if they’re frozen you don’t need ice!)

1 tbsp of honey (if you like things sweet like me- throw another in there!)

Knife

Your favorite cup

Blender (Student-friendly Hamilton Beach 10-Speed Blender at Bed Bath & Beyond for $20!)

Once you have all your ingredients, prepare your fruit to go in the blender.

Step 1: Slice your banana thinly, this way it can blend more smoothly, faster!

Step 2: Place your fruit, veggies, and honey into the blender

Step 3: Blend all the ingredients together on the highest setting with the grind feature for 30 seconds

Step 4: Check to see if all the ingredients are blending together; stir the ingredients

Step 5: Blend all the ingredients together on the highest setting with the smoothie feature for 30 seconds

Step 6: Your smoothie should be a smooth consistency, if not then blend it again for 15 to 20 seconds. Pour your smoothie into your favorite cup, and Volia! Your Green Machine Smoothie is complete.

I hope this was easy to follow and most of all –tasty. Not everyone is a fan of spinach or even some fruits used in this recipe, but you can always swap them out for ones you like. Plus it’s fun to try new things! Be sure to tag us on Instagram and Twitter with pictures of your dorm-made green machines! Remember, enjoying your college life is all about staying cute and healthy!

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.