Demi Lovato is Confident: Her 13 Best Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Demi Lovato has had a career that some pop superstars can only dream of. A #1 album, over 30 million singles and albums sold, and one HUGE devoted fan base. The ‘Lovatics’ just got bigger when Demi released her latest album, Confident, on October 16th. With smashes like  “Cool For The Summer” and “Confident” coming from the record, Demi is slaying our lives like never before. Now she’s mades our favs go run and hide, so let’s give a shout out to Demi’s 13 best songs ever and blast them along with our new favorite jams:

13. Really Don’t Care

This top 40 smash made Demi an LGBT icon. The video featured Demetria at a pride festival, rocking with some fierce drag queens and just being ultra-fabulous. YAS MAMA! It also featured fellow pop star Cher Lloyd which made it extra sassy and fierce. The single has become one of Demi’s classics and will be remembered years to come.

12. Catch Me

This ballad came off her 2009 album Here We Go Again and showcased a more mature side of the then 16 year old superstar. The lyrics are personal and tell us her yearning for someone by her side to “catch her” when she just wants to give up. The song was never released as a single but fans still love it to this day.

11. Here We Go Again

This sassy hit was released in the summer of 2009 and was the lead off her album of the same title.  The song talks about not being sure to let go of a relationship or to keep trying- something we can all relate to. Lyrics like “something about you is so addictive” had all us helpless romantics singing along. “Here We Go Again” was also Demi’s first single to hit Billboard’s Top 20 single. Truly Demi’s first smash.

10. Don’t Forget

When a relationship ends, the hardest thing to do is finally letting go. That’s what Demi was singing about all the way back in 2008. The third single off her debut album of the same name had all 15 year olds crying in their pillows. “Don’t Forget” speaks about the pain that comes after a breakup and hoping the significant other never  truly forgets about the good times, the happiness, and the love that was once there. OH HOW HEARTRENCHING, DEMETRIA!

9. Confident

Demi’s current single sees the bad b**ch of pop slaying and taking names.  Self-value is what this anthem speaks of.  The song just makes you feel good and want to conquer the world. With young adults constantly facing body issues and eating disorders, it was truly beautiful that Demi’s released a single with such a powerful message- there is nothing wrong with being confident.

8. Made In The USA

When love is good, it’s good. That’s exactly what Demi speaks about in this 2013 song. With a country twang and big vocals – this is one of her biggest ‘sing at the top of your lungs’ anthems.

7. Heart Attack  

Probably one of Demi’s most recognizable songs, the top 10 hit was huge on pop radio in 2013. The lead  off her 2013 Demi had a huge chorus, killer vocals, and such catchy lyrics that it will truly leave your head (its 2015 – still stuck in mine). It is a fan favorite as well and was the opening number to her 2014 Neon Light Tour.

6. Cool For The Summer

We all know it, we all love it- so don’t tell your mother because we are cool for the summer. This year’s sexy summer smash was Demi showing her more “curious” side.  The video was also one of the sexiest things to grace our computer screens this year as well. “Cool For The Summer” tells us that Demi has let go of her Disney past and is ready to have some fun.

5. Nightingale

The soaring ballad captured the heart of all Demi’s fans. The stand out track from her Demi album talks about her feeling lonely and just wanting someone there for her. The final chorus sees Demi giving the vocal performance of her career and is backed up by a soulful choir. TAKE US TO CHURCH.

4.  Warrior

We all know Demi has fought a battle with eating disorders, self-harm and depression. This was the song that let her listeners know she is a fighter.

3. Fix A Heart

Hauntingly beautiful are the only words that can describe “Fix A Heart.” The song came from 2011’s Unbroken and was one of the most raved reviewed songs off the album. “I just ran out of Band-Aids” and “It’s like you’re pouring salt in my cuts” give us a glimpse into her personal struggles. Anyone who has been through hardship or heartbreak can definitely relate to this one; truly one of her most beautiful songs.

2. Skyscraper

This single was released right after her stint in rehab and showed the world it gets better. “As the smoke clears, I awaken”- lyrics like this lets us see what is truly like for a superstar after her fall from grace.

And the best Demi Lovato song is………..

1. Give Your Heart A Break

A #1 pop single, over 2 million digital copies sold, over 6 months on Billboard’s Hot 100- this song is Demi Lovato’s signature; her classic. It deserves to be #1 for so many different reasons. A big chorus, great lyrics, and Coldplay esque sound- “Give Your Heart A Break” IS Demi Lovato’s biggest and best song.

Did your favorite song make the list? We know ours did and we hope this list gets you ready for Demi’s latest album, Confident! Make sure you check it out today!

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.