Britney’s “Pretty Girls” is Coming: 8 Ways to Prepare Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Godney is coming! Yes, the Queen of Pop is making a comeback for the ages with her highly anticipated new single, “Pretty Girls”. “Pretty Girls” will be released May 5th, feature rapper Iggy Azalea, and be Britney’s firsts single since 2013’s, “Perfume”. The new single has been rumored to be happening since December of 2014, but was just confirmed to People magazine this week. Britney’s last studio effort, Britney Jean, failed to make an impression with audiences (minus the hit, “Work B**tch”) and tanked on the charts. Britney’s comeback into pop music could be huge for 2015 and the summer season. New music this year has been dry and Ms. Spears could turn it around. So, here are 8 ways to prepare you for the music comeback of one of the most celebrated pop stars of all time. Are you ready for Britney B**ch?

8. Rediscover The Classics

“…Baby One More Time”, “Toxic”, and “Oops! I Did It Again” ring a bell? Britney has made some freaking great pop songs and it is time to give them another spin. Prepare yourself for new Britney with the legendary hits.

7. Give Britney Jean A Try

Though it featured “Work B**ch”, most people don’t even knew this came out. In the mist of her Piece Of Me residency launch in 2013, Britney released this pop confection into the world. It failed to take off due to lack of promotion; however, it featured some amazing tracks. Definitely check out the dance epic “Til It’s Gone” and the sexy “Tik Tik Boom”.

6. Watch Her VMA Performances

The snake, the striptease, the kiss with Madonna, heck even the 2007 performance; they are all simply iconic. This is why Britney is considered the Michael Jackson of our generation. She gives timeless performances. When will Katy Perry?

5. Learn Her Dance Moves

Who hasn’t attempted to learn the “Oops! I Did It Again” dance? Heck, I’m still trying to learn the “I’m A Slave 4 U” choro. It is time you ‘Dance Till The World Ends’ and learn your favorite Britney moves.

4. Buy Her Femme Fatale Concert DVD

Her last tour, The Femme Fatale Tour, was a huge international success. It was in support of her 2011 album, Femme Fatale. Britney also treated her loyal “Britney Army” to the DVD of the concert during the Christmas season of 2011. If you haven’t been to a Britney concert or seen a Britney concert, I highly suggest you get yourself a copy of the DVD. You won’t regret it!

3. Blast Britney Tunes Everywhere

The car, your dorm, and even in the local 7Eleven, spread the bops of Ms. Legend Spears.

2. Prepare A Britney Flash Mob

You really want to get the word out? Prepare a surprise flash mob of all her hits! No one will expect it and maybe even dance along if they hear “Gimme More” blasting through the speakers.

1. Tell Everyone You Know

Just say, “Pretty Girls” is coming, your favs aren’t ready.

Okay Britney lovers, get ready for the return. Also, remember to purchase “Pretty Girls on iTunes May 5th!

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.
Haleigh Kopinski is a senior Creative Writing major with a minor in Psychology at Point Park University. Haleigh started out as a contributing writer and photographer for Her Campus Point Park and is now a Co-Campus Correspondent. When she's not writing or hanging out with her boyfriend she enjoys going to Pirates games, taking pictures, drawing, eating at new places, and going to concerts. She works at Olive Garden while she is home from school and when it's not taking up her summer time she loves boating on the Allegheny River. She is currently in the process of planning a cross-country road trip which will become a featurelength documentary. You can learn more about the trip at facebook.com/getbornfilm or indiegogo.com/projects/get-born/x/6924599#home If you like reading her pieces be sure to follow her at twitter.com/haleighkopinski or xfrankthetankx.tumblr.com to see some personal wit.