Boo!: The 12 Scariest Movies Of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Who doesn’t love a great horror movie? They are what keep us up at night and make us come back for more and more. The truth is we all love horror films. It has become a billion dollar industry. Over the years there have been some truly horrifying films that have scared us to death. However, nothing have as terrified us more than these 12 chilling films.  From ghost to little creepy girls, these films are the scariest ever.

12. The Grudge (2004)

11. Poltergeist (1982)

10. Evil Dead (2013)

9. The Ring (2002)

8. The Conjuring (2013)

7.  The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

6. The Omen (1976)

5. Paranormal Activity (2009)

4. Blair Witch Project (1999)

3. Sinister (2012)

2. The Shinning (1980)

There is one horror film that is truly the scariest of them all. This film has been banned in countries, topped multiple list, and truly is the most disturbing movie of all time. Drumroll please!

1.The Exorcist (1973)

The Devil. Ouija boards. Possessed little girl. This film is the definition of scary. It was groundbreaking for its time and still sends a shiver up any viewer’s spine.

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.