Ashley Corradene ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

With her warming smile and her great personality, Ashley Corradene has become one of Point Park’s most well-known students. Ashley is a sophomore broadcasting major who loves the band 5 Seconds Of Summer, going to Pittsburgh Pirates games, and her university. She grew up in New Kensington, PA where she was involved in activities such as theater. Ashley is also very involved at Point Park. She writes for the school newspaper The Globe. If you don’t know Ashley personally, you probably have seen her working in the library or hanging out with friends in Village Park. Point Park University is lucky to have such a caring and hardworking student.

HC: What do you love about Point Park?

AC: “I love the fact that it is right in the heart of the city. Also, how small it is. I love that I can walk outside to Village Park and I know I will find someone I’m friends with to sit and talk with.”

HC: What would your perfect date be?

AC: “My perfect date? That’s hard, I would have to say either going to a coffee shop, (Nicholas is my favorite!) or just staying in, and binge watching something on Netflix or a football or basketball game!”

HC: What do you love about your major?

AC: “What I love about my major is probably the difficulty of it. Broadcasting is a very competitive market and you have to have true talent to succeed in it so I think the challenge of pushing yourself to be the best is my favorite part.”

HC: Where do you hope to be in 10 years?

AC: “In 10 years I would love to be the sports reporter for a major sports network, such as ESPN or NBC Sports. ROOT would be awesome too! But the main thing for me is to be happy with where I am at the point in my life, wherever I may be and with whatever I’m doing.”

HC: Best advice you could give someone?

AC: “Be yourself and don’t be afraid what others may think. And remember to relax sometimes and have sometime for yourself. Life can be stressful sometimes, especially for college students so set time aside for yourself and do something you enjoy.”

HC: Fun fact about yourself?

AC: “A fun fact? Well I work at the library here at Point Park; also I am total coffee fiend.”

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.