8 Reasons Why Kelly Clarkson’s Piece By Piece Will Be Your Soundtrack to 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Kelly Clarkson has been slaying her career for 12 years now. Yes, the original “American Idol”, has been in the music business for over a decade. We all grew up with Mrs. Clarkson and I am pretty sure we all owned “Breakaway”, jammed to “My Life Would Suck Without You”, and seen her in concert at least once. Her career has seen no signs of stopping anytime soon either. Her new single, the catchy “Heartbeat Song”, is already a top 40 hit and is climbing up on the radio charts as well. Her new album Piece By Piece is set be released March 3rd (yes start screaming). I know I will be running to my local Target to get a copy, but here are 8 reasons why you should too!

8. “Heartbeat Song”

The lead single is probably the catchiest song of 2015 so far. It’s true pop and classic “Kelly”. Producer Dr.Luke (“Wrecking Ball”, “Since U Been Gone”) produced and wrote this for Kelly and it stays true to her roots. The song is about feeling good about someone or a relationship. If you haven’t bought it yet, I suggest you get to iTunes and hit “Buy Song”. You will not regret it!

7. Her First New Album in Almost Three Years

Her last studio album, Stronger, was released all the way back in 2012. This is 2015, and the world wants more Kelly tunes. It has been almost 3 years gurl! Serve us those new bops!

6. We Grew Up With Her

From her win on American Idol to Justin to Kelly (yikes) to “What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger”, Kelly Clarkson has been there every step of the way. We have built so many memories with her albums and hits. She was an artist that always had a great head on her shoulders and showed us it was okay to be goofy. We had our first sleepovers, breakups, and dates with her music. She really is someone that has always been there.

5. She Is the Original Idol

She was the first “American Idol” winner and we will never forget her. She captured our hearts with her personality, spunky fashion, and of course, her voice. Most Idol winners (minus Carrie Underwood) have become a thing of the past, but not Kelly. She has remained relevant for over 12 years now and isn’t slowing down anytime soon.

4. First Major Pop Album of 2015

We all love a great pop album, and Kelly’s will be first “big” one of 2015. We had the likes of Meghan Trainor and Fifth Harmony release fun pop records, but nothing like Kelly Clarkson can make. Her albums always tell a story while having fun beats and serious moments. Her albums are always excellent and really have great staying power.

3. She Is An Icon

She has won numerous Grammy awards, multiple number one hits, and has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide. She is here to stay. We love her and will never stop loving her. If “Heartbeat Song” success isn’t prove of that, then I don’t know what is.

2. Hopes of Breakaway Esque Songs

Breakaway was one of the most influential pop albums of the past twenty years. Everyone owned it and knew every song. From the mega smash “Since U Been Gone” to the emotional “Because Of You”, the album featured hit after hit. Breakaway had a total of 5 top 15 Billboard Hot 100 singles and sold more than 15 million units worldwide. With Piece By Piece, I hope we see Kelly’s spunky yet emotional side that she featured on Breakaway.

1. She is Kelly Clarkson

She is fun, care free, but most importantly a great person and great singer. With diva- like singers dominating the industry lately (cough Ariana Grande cough ) Kelly is down to earth and seems to really care about her craft and fans. She’s what’s good in this world and we all love her. Three cheers for Mrs.  Clarkson!

Well, if these 8 reasons weren’t enough to convince you to buy Piece By Piece, I don’t know what else I can do. Piece By Piece comes out March 3rd and is sure to be huge!

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.