7 Reasons Why Everyone Loves Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Personally speaking, I find myself extremely happy every year when summer comes to an end and the beautiful fall weather begins. Nothing against summer – I love warm summer nights spent with my friends away from the realities and responsibilities of the school year, but that being said, there’s just something about fall that seems to make everyone a bit cheerier. And really, have you ever met a person who doesn’t like fall? Here’s 7 reasons why fall is everyone’s favorite season!:

1. The LeavesSeeing the leaves change from green to different shades of yellow, red, orange, and brown is probably my favorite part of fall. Not only does it make the environment more beautiful at just about every corner, but there’s also a surprise element to it. Just a few weeks ago, it seemed like I woke up one morning and the leaves were just suddenly different colors. I love this beautiful transformation!

2. The FashionEven as a half-clueless boy when it comes to fashion, I love pulling out my fall wardrobe. Hoodies, scarves, and cardigans look and feel great, and who doesn’t love wearing the cutest shades of burgundy, mauve, and khaki?

3. The Food (And Drinks)From creamed corn to every white girl’s favorite pumpkin spice latté, fall brings about some of the most delicious seasonal recipes and leaves our stomachs feeling very satisfied. And for the 21+ collegiettes, pumpkin pie vodka and pumpkin-flavored beer can be quite delicious!

4. HalloweenEspecially this year with it falling on a Friday – thus causing a mass amount of #Halloweekend tweets and Instagram posts – Halloween is one of the most fun holidays there is! Costumes, parties, haunted houses, movie marathons – what’s not to love?

5. ThanksgivingThough Thanksgiving may not be quite as chaotic and fun as Halloween, it certainly does hold a special place in all of our hearts. We get a break from the stress of school, we get to spend a week at home with our loved ones, and we get to eat some delicious food! Did I mention the joys of Black Friday shopping?

6. New TV ShowsAs an avid television watcher, one of the many reasons I look forward to fall is the start of a new television season with new primetime shows. Just this year, some of the promising titles that are either premiering in the coming weeks or have already aired their first few episodes include A to Z, Angie Tribeca, The McCarthys, and The Missing. Also, the fall season is when a lot of new titles come out on Netflix!

7. Hayrides and Pumpkin PatchesThese two fall activities are some of my favorite pastimes. I really feel that they epitomize the free spirit of fall, and are a great way to spend time with either a significant other, a group of close friends, or some loved family members. They’re a great way to appreciate nature, and they also provide a great opportunity for a new Instagram post!

Kevin Malesic is a freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park and is thrilled to be getting involved with Her Campus.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.