5 Thoughts You Have When Your Best Friend Gets a BF, as told by How I Met Your Mother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

It’s such a tragedy whenever your best friend gets a boyfriend. She’s your right hand woman and the one person that you spend all your time with. Of course you’re happy for her, but what about you? Here are 5 thoughts told by How I Met Your Mother that automatically pop into your head once you hear the big news about her.

1. Who am I going to go out with now?

Let’s face it, your best friend was your go to girl when it was time to have a good time. Now, she’s off running around with her new boyfriend that somehow was able to fill your spot when it comes to going out.

2. Do I have to third wheel?

As much as you love your best friend, no one likes third wheeling, especially if the couple doesn’t understand what personal space is. Third wheeling with a clingy couple just reminds you of how alone you are.

3. Who’s going to be there to support me?

Yeah, chances are if she’s your best friend, she’ll be there for you no matter what. But you’re in a single, fragile stage of mind so you assume the worst and figure she’ll never have anytime for you anymore.

4. What if she ditches me for him?

What if your best friend ditches your weekly wine Wednesday to hang out with her new boy? Or bails last minute on your shopping spree? This would be breaking every part of the girl code.

5. What if he’s the one?

Every set of best friends has the ultimate plan that one day they will both come to terms with the fact that they are each other’s soul mates and that they don’t need men. But what if he’s the one and she ditches out on your future plans? You would be throwing away all your future dreams of living the easy life with your best friend, and only your best friend, by your side.

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.