5 Important Tinder Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Tinder is becoming the #1 dating app for us college students. It’s important to know what not to do on Tinder because you’ll be full of regrets if you’re not careful! It’s hard to trust all those mysterious matches that you have so here are some Tinder Don’ts to help you stay safe and have a good dating experience!

1. Never, I mean never put your snapchat username on your bio. You will regret it, especially because everyone can see it. If you put it in your bio, odds are you’ll get some pretty random snaps from some pretty creepy people… and I guarantee they won’t be PG.

2. Don’t get attached. There is always that one match that pours their heart and soul within 5 minutes of getting to know you and they automatically think they love you. Unmatch right away and shake it off!

3. Don’t give your phone number out. The smart thing to do is to get a texting app like Whatsapp and use that if you really like the person. Unfortunately, 8/10 times that person won’t be in your life a week later. That’s just how the cookie crumbles.

4. Don’t tell your matches where you live. They may not show up at your doorstep, but they’ll probably use that info to look you up on Facebook or maybe they’ll even Google you. You don’t want to be Googled… that’s just weird.

5. If you meet with your tinder match, meet in a public place and not at each other’s homes. It would be harder for you to just walk away if you’re at their home. It happened to me, I ended up calling my roommates to get me and it was just awkward! I basically had to jump a wall. 

Well, I hope these Tinder Don’ts will help you stay safe and have a great Tinder experience! Just use my tips and you should be okay. Good luck and happy Tindering!

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.