4 Reasons Why Adam Levine Really Is the “Sexiest Man Alive”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

In case you haven’t heard (or live under a rock), People magazine has recently released their long-awaited “Sexiest Man Alive” issue. The moment the news of who would be gracing the cover was announced, it spread throughout the social media world like wildfire. Every girl wanted and needed to know each and every detail; they anticipated this reveal for months, and it was definitely worth the wait.

That’s right… Adam Levine, the lead singer of Maroon 5 and judge on The Voice, is officially and inevitably the “Sexiest Man Alive”!

Does Levine truly deserve it this title? What does he have that the other candidates don’t? The sexy crown could have been placed on a multitude of our favorite celebrity eye candy, but we agree that no one deserved the title like Adam! Here’s why:

• Sexy Factor #1: His Music Success

As lead singer of the band Maroon 5, Adam Levine has undoubtedly made a name for himself in the music industry. Featuring Adam’s unique vocals, the band has released plenty of hit songs that have been getting stuck in your head for over a decade. With four studio albums under their belt, the band has won 3 Grammys and 3 American Music Awards, just to name a few. Let’s be honest, you can’t deny that you wish his “Songs About Jane” were actually about you. ;)  

• Sexy Factor #2: His Television Achievements

The 34-year-old singer has also found success in television with his most notable venture being a judge on NBC’s hit singing competition, The Voice. On the show, Adam makes average citizens’ singing dreams come true by launching their music careers. Even with his booming music career and success on The Voice, Adam still had time to appear in other television shows such as American Horror Story: Asylum and Saturday Night Live. And if you’ve seen the select AHS episodes he was featured in, you know what we mean by S-E-X-Y!

• Sexy Factor #3: His Business Ventures

As if a music and television career wasn’t already enough, Adam also dabbles in business, such as founding his own record label and launching his own fragrance. As we all know, business = nice suits, and we love a sharp-dressed man. Speaking of which, Adam also recently started up a self-entitled menswear line! 

• Sexy Factor #4: His Charity Work

Adam doesn’t let his concert, television appearance and photo shoot-packed schedule prevent him from finding time to give back to others. Many people are unaware of this, but he’s suffered from ADHD his entire life, so in 2011, he helped launch a campaigned entitled Own It to help encourage people to fight against this disorder. He also actively supports other charities such as the Elton John AIDS Foundation, National Kidney Foundation, and many more. How can you not love a guy who uses his fame to help others?

With that said, People magazine made a wise choice in crowning Adam Levine the “Sexiest Man Alive.” As you can tell, it wasn’t just Adam’s irresistibly good looks that earned him the prestigious title, but the combination of handsomeness, hard work ethic, and generosity towards others. As far as we’re concerned, there’s nothing sexier than that! 

Sarah Carini

Point Park