Should We Care About Timothee Chalamet and Kylie Jenner’s Relationship?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Plattsburgh chapter.

Should we care about Kylie Jenner and Timothee Chalamet’s relationship, or should we all let them breathe without bashing them?

Jenner is a 26-year-old mom of two children, Stormi and Aire. She’s an American socialite, businesswoman, and actress. Travis Scott, father to Jenner’s children and her ex-husband, and Jenner separated in January. She was spotted later that month with actor Chalamet at Paris Fashion Week during the Jean Paul Gaultier fashion show. In April, Jenner and Chalamet announced they’re casually dating. At the US Open, the cameras didn’t just catch a great match, but also a great kiss shared by Jenner and Chalamet Sept. 10.

I was surprised to see Twitter posts trending of Jenner and Chalamet’s intense kiss at the US Open. That confirmed to me and all their fans that they were still together and getting serious about their relationship. I personally could not do it. Jenner has two kids with Travis Scott and their relationship is on-and-off — why would Chalamet be interested in being a stepfather?

Chalamet’s fans were in disbelief and disappointed in Chalamet for his relationship with Jenner. Scrolling through Twitter, I saw fans of Chalamet accounts bashing Jenner for “stalking Chalamet, “their relationship is a joke, and “being sexist.” I thought their relationship was fake, but some fans seemed to be more enraged than I am. I don’t know Jenner and Chalamet personally, so I wouldn’t go that far bashing their relationship on social media, but I do share my personal opinion that I think their relationship is more than what meets the eye.

I say everyone shouldn’t be so over-analytical in their relationship, because you don’t know them. Maybe they’re in love for real, maybe they’re using each other. Who cares! Being too involved in a celebrity’s life can be harmful because people can take it too far when trying to invade a celebrity’s privacy causing them physical or mental harm. In 2016, Jenner was being escorted with her security out of a restaurant and a fan grabbed her arm roughly and she told the fan to not to touch her. Prime example why fans shouldn’t be top invasive in a celebrities privacy because it can hurt them or cause them discomfort, because at the end of the day they’re people, too, and deserve privacy.

Abigail Jarrett

Plattsburgh '26

Hey everyone! My name is Abigail Jarrett an Early Childhood Education major with a minor in English at SUNY Plattsburgh and a member of the Women's tennis team. In my free time you will find me at the gym, on an outdoor run, or just reading a good mystery book.