Preparing for Taylor Swift’s ‘Eras Tour’.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Plattsburgh chapter.

On March 17th, Taylor Swift began her much anticipated Eras Tour in Glendale, Arizona. She’ll spend this summer going around the US and will finish her tour in Los Angeles, California on August 9th. 

If you’re one of the lucky ones who managed to get their hands on tickets for the sold-out concert, you’re probably already preparing; From predicting the songs Taylor intends to perform to an idea of the outfit you’re desiring to wear from head to toe.

In case you need help with preparation, I’ve compiled a list of things to keep in mind for the show as listed: 

1. Outfit preference 

The social media app Tik Tok has been overwhelmed with everyone showing off their tour outfits and potential outfit ideas for each of Taylor’s Eras. 

There are the classic eras, Debut and Fearless, where you could go for a country girl type 

outfit by pulling out some cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. 

You’ve got Speak Now, which gives an enchanted fairytale feeling, with the color purple and dresses. On the other hand, you can go for the color red with more relaxed stripes and shorts look. 

As far as 1989, you can go with a hipster-popstar look and rock a shiny skater skirt and a sequin jacket. 

Then we have my personal favorite, Reputation, which screams leather everything, with snake jewelry.

Lover gives all the romantic bubblegum pink and blue vibes, whereas Folklore and Evermore scream woodsy and flannel vibes. 

Lastly, Midnights presents a love for space, stars and the night sky. 

Any route you choose to take, you’ll be able to express yourself while promoting the fashion trends Taylor has inspired.

1. Book a hotel 

As some may travel a distance to attend the tour, you would want to find a hotel that is close to the venue to avoid traffic. This way you can get nice and cozy faster, or be able to avoid the crazy post-concert traffic. In fact, you’ll be able to snuggle up in bed faster after a day of Taylor Swift bliss.

1. Make a playlist

Making a playlist of all Taylor’s songs helps you get accustomed to what to expect during the concert. Especially as there will be opening acts that will perform songs you’ve never heard before.

The playlist also serves as a nice road trip playlist for the drive.

If you would rather search for an already set up playlist, you can find the setlist online after the first few shows on websites such as setlist.fm. That way, you can both practice songs you plan to scream to and save time struggling to pick your utmost Taylor favorites.

1. Carry useful items 

Though I would recommend checking with the venue staff to see what specifications they have for items, including bags, be sure to bring: 

• Concert tickets
  • Wallet
  • Some form of identification
  • Telephone
  • Portable charger

What you choose to wear, how you plan your stay, and what you will be bringing along may differ, but traveling safely, being comfortable, and jamming out to over 16 years of Taylor Swift music are what will make the best of your night. 

Abigail Landolf

Plattsburgh '24

Hi everyone! My name is Abigail Landolf. I am currently a senior Hospitality Management and Public Relations double major with an Accounting minor. On top of being Marketing Director for Her Campus, I am Treasurer for Literature Club and a member of the Delta Alpha chapter of Theta Phi Alpha.