Zack Greenfield ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Zack Greenfield

Hometown: Yardley, Pennsylvania

Major: Marketing

Relationship status: Single

HC: What made you want to come to Pitt for college?

Zack: It just felt right. When I went on the tour, it felt right. The people were very nice: the pathfinders, the current students, and the faculty.

HC: Alright, so after being in college at Pitt for almost 3 years now, what do you want to do after you graduate?

Zack: To get a job; wherever there’s a job I’ll grow from professionally.

HC: Have you had any internships that’ll help narrow that down for you?

Zack: Yes, I had an internship working with a Minor League baseball team, the Trenton Thunder in Trenton, New Jersey. They’re an AA Affiliate of the New York Yankees, and I worked mostly in sales. It was a terrific experience, and I learned a lot about working in sports.

HC: Do you see yourself working in sports?

Zack: No, not really. I’d prefer not to work in low level sports, like sales and stuff. I’d want to work in sports on a bigger level, possibly corporate. I have an internship with Dick’s Sporting Goods Corporate that starts in May, but I would like to have a job that’s related to sports.

HC: I know you’re involved in a lot of organizations on campus, but when you have free time, what do you like to do?

Zack: In my free time, I like to spend it hanging out with friends. Oh, and procrastinating. That’s fun.

HC: What are all the organizations you’re involved in?

Zack: Well, I’m in the marching band, and the Pep band for the basketball game. I’m an R.A. in P.A. (Pennsylvania) Hall. I work in the business school, and I’m the student manager of the Pitt Varsity Baseball team.

HC: Wow! That’s a lot. Okay on to more personal questions, what’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Zack: Peanut butter ripple

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girlfriend?

Zack: Honesty. I look for someone who’s honest, a friend first, and who has a cute personality.

HC: A cute personality, what do you mean by that?

Zack: Someone who’s bubbly, funny, and doesn’t take herself too seriously. Someone who has no trouble holding a conversation, and who speaks her mind.

HC: What is your ideal first date?

Zack: I’d say a casual, informal coffee, but that’s really a get to know you. So I guess I’d say a date that doesn’t feel like a date; where you’re there and you simply enjoy their company. “Date” and “dating” have a lot of unnecessary pressure.

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration? And, why?

Zack: My dad, and my mom, both my parents really. They’ve worked so hard their whole lives to put my brother and I in a position to be able to succeed, and I respect that. I hope to do the same for my kids one day, if I have kids.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Zack: Home. Or Alaska, to go king crabbing. I want to go crabbing in Alaska, it’d be awesome. It’d be unreal! Wrapped in a big coat on the ice and chilling with the polar bears.

HC: What is your favorite memory at Pitt so far?

Zack: Running out of the tunnel with the marching band out on to Heinz Field for the first football game freshman year. My second favorite memory would be the Syracuse basketball game freshman year; where we scored 19 straight points, and then they scored 17 straight points, all in the first half.

HC: Why did you want to become an R.A.?

Zack: I wanted to become a mentor to incoming students, and maintain a leadership role on campus. As well as, work to build better relationships with students every day. 

I'm a current Junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Spanish language! I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I am a huge city kid! I'm very open about most things in my life; Sex, drinking, partying, friendships, etc. (you name it). I'm a firm believer of loving and knowing yourself before allowing others to make those decisions for you. If you don't love yourself or know who you are, then others never will!