This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

So many new albums have been announced recently, and I don’t know about you, but it’s getting to be a lot for me. So, I sat down, scoured the internet, and now present to you some upcoming releases that I think you should be on the lookout for.

Note: These are in order of release date! If your fave is low on the list, it’s not because I hate them, I promise!

Djesse Vol. 4 – Jacob Collier

Release Date: February 29

I’m going to be completely honest; this is a very specific pick that is only here because I NEED to talk about it. Djesse Vol. 4 is the fourth and final installment of a preplanned series of (wonderful) albums. The music from the album that’s already been released is really fun, and teasers of the album promise some interesting tunes. And I haven’t even mentioned all of the features: John Legend, Brandi Carlile and Chris Martin are just a few of the artists that will appear on the album.

Tyla – Tyla

Release Date: March 1

Tyla is releasing her self-titled debut album soon. It will feature her Grammy-winning song, “Water”, as well as a few other songs she’s released, and a few more she hasn’t. I like the vibe of all of the music I’ve heard from her so far, so I’m excited to see what else this album will have to offer.

las mujeres ya no lloran – shakira

Release Date: March 22

This release date was revealed (at the time of writing this) just a day ago. This album will be Shakira’s first album after seven years. In a video promoting the album, she describes the album as her “tears, turned to diamonds”, which, oh my god? I think that’s such a beautiful way to describe overcoming sadness. Anyway, I honestly don’t know why I’m so excited about this album. I’m not a Shakira superfan, but I think it’s going to have a great energy to it.

Act ii – Beyoncé

Release Date: March 29

Three words: Beyoncé country album. WHAT?! And using a Super Bowl commercial to announce it? Icon behavior. It’s definitely the start of a new era, which I’m excited for because I love when artists experiment with their sound, and it’s Beyoncé, so you know it’s going to be good. “16 CARRIAGES” and “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM”, the two songs she’s already released from the album, are delightful and I can’t wait to hear the rest of it!

The Tortured poets department – Taylor swift

Release Date: April 19

It feels incomplete to have a list of upcoming album releases without mentioning Taylor Swift’s new album release. I’m not really a Swiftie – whether that’s fortunate or unfortunate is for you to decide – but I think that this album has the potential to be really good. I think watching Swifties collectively lose their minds over TTPD (in a way that I can only describe as peripherally) set me up to look forward to it more than I thought I would.

Surabi is currently a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh as a biology major. She enjoys writing about almost anything as long as it's exciting enough to hold her attention.