Top 5 Moments from Drake on SNL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you might be a little frustrated by Drake. Think about it…he started off playing a role in an innocent 90’s TeenNick show, then switched to creating sensitive albums like Take Care through which he professed way too many romantic feelings, and then claimed to be “about that life” in singles such as “Started from the Bottom.” Drizzy, don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re all over the place! Regardless of whether you’re a Drake fan or not, there’s no denying he’s a charming dude. There’s also no arguing his performance on SNL was far more impressive than any music he’s put out in the last year. Not only did he have some killer impersonations, but he helped SNL to finally incorporate some Black pop culture references: something we’ve all been waiting for for what seems like an eternity. Here are some of my personal favorite Drake moments from SNL:

1. That moment when Drake asked everyone to Google the name Rahat. Enough said. 

2. That moment when Drake was the only person in the world ever to be able to work it in those cargo shorts. 

3. That moment when Drake impersonated Lil’ Wayne impersonating Steve Urkel (his spot-on codeine-laced voice). Never expected Urkel could be an armed and threatening dreadhead, did you?

4. That moment Drake rapped about only drinking purple Manischewitz. Calling all Jewish bachelorettes—he’s a keeper!

5. That moment when Drake busted some moves and became a total DILF.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hey y'all! My name is Claire and like many people at Pitt, I'm a total city girl and I love exploring new urban neighborhoods. I grew up in Washington D.C. and spent a gap year volunteering full-time in East Harlem, NY with an education nonprofit called City Year. I love to cook and bake, tutor, thrift, speak foreign languages, and listen to any kind of music from Motown to jazz to reggaeton! 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt