A Timeline Of Perfection: Emma Watson Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Most commonly known for her role as Hermione Granger from the acclaimed Harry Potter movie franchise, actress Emma Watson has touched the hearts of billions of viewers worldwide. Little do some people know, she has since grown to become much more than an audacious fictional witch. Emma Watson has proved to be one of the most levelheaded and well-rounded females in the entertainment community today. To celebrate Emma’s outright awesomeness, here is a timeline of her numerous accomplishments from her childhood to now.

1999: Where It All Begins

Emma was only 9 years old when she was cast as 11-year-old Hermione in the Harry Potter films. The producers were especially impressed with her audition due to her confidence and thirst for knowledge, much like the Hermione herself. In a recent video screen test for W Magazine, Emma says, “If you watch carefully in some scenes, you can see me mouthing Harry and Ron’s lines as well as my own, because that’s just what I was like. I was crazy!”

2009: Say Cheese!

As Emma’s acting career progressed, she landed a huge modeling partnership, becoming the face of Burberry. Countless other gigs followed, and starting in 2007, our little Emma made FHM’s list of 100 Sexiest Women six years in a row! 

2010: Chop Chop!

Just as she was reaching the home stretch of filming the series, Emma Watson makes a gutsy move and cuts off all her hair, claiming she’s wanted to do it since she was 16. After initially causing a powerful shock that struck her fans around the world, her new do quickly became an all new way to be both feminine and daring—and lets just say… she WORKED it like no one else.

2009-2014

In addition to talent in the film industry, our girl Emma has brains. After years of tutoring and achieving high scores in every subject on high school equivalency exams, she attended the prestigious Brown University. Of course, while filming the final Harry Potter films, Emma was a visitor student at Worcester College as to not fall behind in her studies. She then returned to Brown and graduated this past spring. She even posted an adorable selfie in her cap and gown on her twitter page!

2014-Present

Now that her acting career has calmed down, Emma has launched the United Nations Women campaign “HeForShe” to promote gender equality. She confesses that her passion for the campaign spawned from constantly being called “bossy” as a child. She recently delivered an address at the UN headquarters, which can be viewed on YouTube.

She’s an actress, model, ivy-league alumni, UN women’s rights spokeswoman, and all the while managed to maintain a good reputation. How does Emma do it!? She has served as a role model to young women everywhere from the moment we watched her thrash Ron Weasley for mispronouncing a charm spell. Power to you, Emma!

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt