This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Simmeon (Sim) Mellinger
Major: Exercise Science Graduation
Year: 2012
Hometown: Lancaster, PA

Sim Mellinger is a driven, yet, down to earth guy who knows how to have a good time and is truly passionate about his goals in life. He loves his major because he says he gets to promote healthy lifestyles in other
individuals.

Photo: Sim (left) with friend Sam Englander (right) as the celebrate Sam’s 21st birthday.

HC: Why Pitt?
Sim: I fell in love with the urban atmosphere that still had some greenery. It’s a good transition from Lancaster. And it’s the furthest from home, while still paying in-state tuition.

HC: How would you describe yourself in five words?
Sim: Honest, easygoing, “out of the box”, dedicated and motivated.

HC: What is your favorite TV show?
Sim: Dexter

HC: Why?
Sim: The plot is awesome and keeps me hanging on the edge of my seat. And I love that Dexter is the bad guy you have to love. It’s like nothing else on TV.

HC: What are your hobbies?
Sim: Well, I’m big into fitness and I’m an officer of the Exercise science program, which is great because we have a lot of fun and promote health life styles. I like creative writing too and social media networks/technology in general. Also, I love trying new things even though they may scare me. In the end I’m happy I did it (most of the time) :smiles:.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?
Sim: A girl that is easygoing, knows how to make me laugh and is genuine.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Sim: Geez 10 years, that means I’ll be 31…. well I guess I’m hoping to have a little bit of a family by then or at least be married. But right now I’m focused on grad school. It’s hard to balance that hurdle with too many future goals.

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.