absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Recipe to Try This Week: Your Own Brunch!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Brunch and Spring basically go hand and hand. Sunday should be renamed Brunchday. Pamela’s line is much longer than usual, so to cure your grumbling stomach before even stepping foot outside, plan to make your own brunch! Here is a combination of a few different brunch recipes that are not only easy, but allow you to stay in your comfy PJ’s for most of Sunday! These recipes go beyond just bacon and pancakes, although bacon and pancakes are extremely important for brunch so make sure to have them cooking too!

Mini Omelet Muffins

What you will need:

1. 12 Eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper to your taste)
  2. “Mix-in” ingredients (can be meat, such as ham or bacon, green onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese)
  3. Cupcake tin and cupcake papers

First, put the cupcake papers into the cupcake tin. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, beat your 12 eggs in a bowl. Then, fill your cupcake papers with whatever mix-in ingredients you chose, starting with meat and finishing with cheese. Add the beaten eggs to each cupcake paper with the mix-ins, leaving some space at the so the muffin can puff up. Cook for 18-20 minutes, until you can stick a toothpick in and take it out clean! You can also make these at night and keep them in the fridge, heating them up in the microwave for an easy meal in the morning!

French Toast

What you will need:

1. Slices of bread
  2. 2 eggs
  3. Milk
  4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  5. powdered sugar.

In a bowl add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk well. Spray cooking spray or butter on a frying pan or skillet, preheating it on medium heat. Place the bread slices into the mixture quickly (do not let soak), and then place it on your frying pan until golden brown on both sides. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Biscuit BLT

What you will need:

1. Sliced tomato
  2. Lettuce or spinach
  3. Bacon
  4. Biscuit
  5. Mayonnaise

This one is super easy (as long as you have biscuits). Just split the biscuit in half, add a bit of mayonnaise to one piece of biscuit, and then add the tomato, lettuce, and bacon.

Poached Egg on Toast

What you will need:

1. Bread
  2. Eggs
  3. Avocado (optional)

Poaching eggs is kind of difficult, but the best way I can recommend is to crack the egg into a bowl and then very carefully slide it into simmering water. You will know the egg is poached when the white hardens over the yolk (this usually tales 2 to 3 minutes). After taking it out carefully from the water, put the poached egg onto toast. I like to add some sliced avocado on top of my toasted bread!

Mimosas

What you will need:

1. Champagne or sparkling wine
  2. Juice
  3. Assorted fruits (optional)

Mimosas are normally made with orange juice, but you can add whatever juice you please (raspberry lemonade, limeade, cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, etc). Just go half and half for each – first pour half a glass of champagne, then fill the rest with the juice of your choice. Add fruit to compliment if you please!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt