Pretty Kitties: Halloween Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Halloween is one of, if not the premier season for cat fashion. Normally you are restricted to accessorizing your cat’s collar and maybe dressing them in kitten mittens, but Halloween opens up a whole new world of feline fashion. I’ve hand-selected a dozen of my favorite cat costumes that are going to be totally in this year.

1. Scuba Cat

Cat’s hate water, but don’t tell that to your furry friend. If you can somehow manage to get your cat into this intricate ensemble, he will be the talk of the town. 

2. Lobster Cat

Look, it’s a lobster vomiting up a cat as it boils alive! Just kidding, it’s a stylish lobster costume that will make all of your neighbors’ cats jealous. 

3. Sushi Cat

You cat will be licking their lips when they see how scrumptious they look in this costume. The vibrant colors provide a striking sense of realism. Just be sure to keep the other cats away so that they don’t mistakenly eat your cat’s costume.

4. Bear Cat

I can’t bear how cute this cat looks. With this cute and cuddly costume your cat will be sure to seduce all of the other kitties. Lol.

5. Cowboy Cat

Country western is in this fall, and your cat should get in on this trend. Look out, there’s a new sheriff in town, and he’s a cat!

6. Witch Kitten

This costume is sure to put a spell on all the other kittens. It may be not be the most intricate costume, but the classics never go out of style. 

7. Dog Cat

Fool everyone into thinking your cat is actually a dog with this hilarious costume. 

8. Clown Cat

The perfect costume for any cat that loves to clown around, your cat will be the center of attention with a hat like this.

9. Princess Cat

Give your cat the royal treatment they deserve with this luxurious costume. How shiny!

10. Mercat

Let your cat become part of an undersea fantasy world with this creative and totally comfortable outfit.

11. Lion Cat
Your cat can feel like the king of the jungle for a day with this great lion mane accessory. Lions are technically cats though, so for this reason I could not award it the number one costume of the season.

12. Shark cat

Shark attack! This crazy costume has everything for your kitty. It’s scary, adorable, and creative, all at the same time. Look out, shark week is on Halloween this year!

Photo Credits: 1 and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt