Porn Star’s Dreams Travel Outta This World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Coco Brown is attempting to be the first porn star to travel to space. At age 34, Brown, or some may know her as “Honey Love,” has starred in multiple famous porn movies but is now ready to take on the trip to the moon. She is currently training in the Netherlands and is hoping to shoot off into space by March 2014. 

The company she is working for is called SpaceXC, which is going to be making private space travel available by the spring, hopefully. Brown is paying $100,000 to be one of the first people to go into space (and by space we mean 62 miles above the Earth’s surface). First she has to pass the training, but according to the professionals, she is doing great!  Little known fact: Brown may be the first porn star in space but not the first person having sex above the Earth’s surface. In 1999, the couple Silvia Saint and Nick Lang did a 20-second zero gravity intercourse scene for a film called “The Uranus Experiment Part Two.” Brown explained that wasn’t for her, but she might “pop a boob out and take a photo of it with Earth in the background.” Sounds like a plan.

As exciting as this is, the message of this story is to prove that your past doesn’t define you.  Porn may be looked down upon as a career but you can’t help but admit that it is a huge industry and it isn’t going away anytime soon.  If Coco Brown can afford to do this trip, she must be doing well with what she does. We often think one mistake or one bad grade will be judged by whatever our future holds, but if you have enough will and you want something to happen, you will overcome your past and achieve greatness. Yes, Brown may be the first porn star in space but she is also one of the first people using the company for commercial use only. It’s a risky but awesome chance of a lifetime. Brown makes jokes about who she is, knowing her career makes people uncomfortable, but it is also a great strategy to take on your past and face it head-on instead of pretending it isn’t there.  The only way to overcome a past struggle is to accept it and move on. You may not be headed off to the moon anytime soon, but just remember, you can achieve whatever you want by accepting your past and making a joke about it along the way.

Photo Credit

I have been a proud Her Campus writer since my freshman year at Pitt and I am now the Social Media Editor for the chapter. So excited to see where the chapter will go but sadly I am a senior graduating in 2015 with a Communication and Art History major and Film Studies minor.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt