The Official Her Campus Pitt Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Have you ever wanted to try something super adventurous but could never pin down exactly what you were craving? We’ve asked the Her Campus Pitt team what the number one thing on their bucket list is—and came up with the most ambitious to-do list out there! Here’s what we would want to accomplish while we are still living it up!

1. One of the top things on my rather extensive list is going to another country! The world fascinates me and I want to experience as much of it as I can. Lucky for me, I’ll get to cross this one off my list as I will be studying abroad next semester!

2. Run a marathon.

3. I want to own a pair of Manolo Blahniks before I’m too old to walk in heels.

4. I want to watch baby sea turtles hatch, and then guide them back to the ocean without any predators taking them. You usually use flash lights to guide them. Sea turtles are my favorite animals.

5. My number one bucket list item right now is something I call 30 by 30. That is, to visit 30 countries by the time I turn 30. I have always had a passion for travel, and I want to make sure I don’t forget that passion when I go out into the real world. I’m 1/3 of the way there, so here’s to many more adventures to come!

6. Camping out on the Great Wall. My friends did it in freezing Beijing November when we lived in China, but I didn’t have the guts. Now I wish I did!

7. My number one thing on my bucket list is kind of a mix of things: To go to every continent, to go somewhere that’s not a “typical” travel site, and to travel to a random country.

8. To find a love like Kimye… Okay, but really: to road trip the USA and stop at every “World’s Largest” something (in that state, if they have one) like this World’s Largest Man on a Bike in Wisconsin!

9. One of my top things is to be in Times Square for NYE one year! I think it would be cool to be a part of something so big, and I feel like everyone has to do that at one point in his or her life.

10. To be HSK level 5 certified in Chinese next year! I want to travel around China because I’ve worked so hard on my language skills. My end goal is to do marketing for American companies in China, so this is a major thing to cross off my list!

11. Have a cross country road trip, while visiting the silly monuments and world famous things on the way!

12. To pull a Mary-Kate and Ashley: Throw a dart at a world map and travel to wherever the dart lands! (Unless of course it lands in the middle of the ocean.) I watched all of their movies when I was little, so it’s always been something I’ve wanted to do!

13. To go to Morocco and ride a camel! I was seriously SO CLOSE to crossing this off last semester when I was studying in Barcelona, but I unfortunately had to cancel my trip to Morocco due to flight issues. It is still my goal to get there though and to drink a lot of tea while I’m at it!

14. This may sound weird… but I want to be on a first name basis with a coffee shop. Obviously not the first thing on my list, but I would feel really honored and important if at one point in my life I can walk into a coffee shop, be on a first name basis with a barista, and not even have to give them my order. I tried this summer but didn’t succeed.

15. Putting a lock on Pont de l’Archevêché in Paris with someone I love (if the bridge is still there; if not, a bridge somewhere else)!

16. To go bungee jumping off of a cliff at Angel Falls in Venezuela! Even though it is totally terrifying. I am a huge adrenaline junkie.

17. Go on a pub crawl in Ireland. For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to go to Ireland to see the country of my ancestors, and to me, there’s no better way to truly experience Irish culture and the people than in a pub. Bonus for me is that I’m probably going to be able to cross that off my list in the summer of 2016. The pub pictured is The Brazen Head in Dublin, Ireland. Dating back to 1198, it is the oldest pub in Ireland and will probably be my first stop.

18. Become a celebrity’s BFF. Preferably a musician. Preferably one who will take me on tour with them.

19. I want to go to Tomorrowland because… well… it looks dangerously life-changing and fun. Oh, and to become Oprah.

20. To go to the Super Bowl with my dad and brother, preferably to see the Eagles (hopefully they will go one day). We are huge football nuts, so it would be amazing to see it with them because we grew up watching games and hosting Super Bowl parties together. It’s the biggest day for football, so I would love to go one day!

21. A couple of us want to go to Europe as well! One of us desperately wants to tour Europe to see all the ancient works of art and to go to Russia to watch the ballet in person. Another has never been overseas and would love to see as much of the world as possible.

22. I think it would be so fun to visit every state in the U.S. and collect a crewneck from a major city in every single one! I’ve already started, and I think it would be so cool one day to have fifty sweatshirts – all with a story behind each one. My grandkids will hopefully keep them for some classic vintage style someday!

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, author’s own

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt