Culture > News

News Articles About Millennials So Ridiculous We Can’t Even Be Mad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

You’ve probably seen that the word “millennials” gets thrown around a lot in the news. We’re the age group everybody loves to hate and blame for ruining just about everything. We don’t grocery shop but we don’t eat out enough either so we’re destroying the restaurant industry. We’re lazy and entitled but somehow our heavy privilege means not having enough money to afford ANYTHING. If you’re sick of all the criticism that’s clearly been misplaced, enjoy these titles from around the web.

Millionaire to Millennials: Stop Buying Avocado Toast If You Want to Buy a Home (from TIME)

Ah, the infamous, your-avocado-toast-is-the-root-of-all-your-problems-and-selfishness-you-damn-millennials.

Why Do Millennials Hate Groceries? (The Atlantic)

I can’t speak for all of us, but I’m buying my milk and eggs with everybody else on Sunday afternoons…

A Surprising Amount of Millennials Want Dinner More Than Sex, Study Suggests (The Huffington Post)

Actually, maybe this one is true…

How Millennials Killed J. Crew (Nylon)

Pretty sure J. Crew still exists.  

Millennials Are Fine Without Fabric Softener; P&G Looks to Fix That (Wall Street Journal)

Yup, that’s us for ya. Not only are we destroying everything, but we’re doing it in stiff shirts.

Millennials may not all die poor and alone after all (Quartz)

If this doesn’t just inspire the crap out of you.

Have Millennials Killed Serendipity? (Guest of a Guest)

We destroyed chance? CHANCE? Okay.

The Death Throes of Democracy: Murdered By Millennials (Medium)

I mean, this sounds just a little harsh.

Millennials Have Officially Killed the Holiday Office Party (The Weekly Standard)

If this is true, then why did I have to go to my office holiday party just last month?

“Promiscuous” Millennials Are Killing McDonald’s (Gothamist)

Millennials’ Wanderlust is Killing the Canadian Tourism Industry (Noteable Life)

Sorry, Canada, eh.

Millennials Aren’t Hypocrites: They Just Prefer to Kill Trees (2machines)

Right, because we want to buy $300 textbooks and print out volumes of reading for all of our classes, and it’s our dinosaur professors who wish we could just take the notes on our laptops.

Well done millennials – you’ve officially ruined handshakes for everyone (Metro)

HOW???

Millennials Are Killing Doorbells & Honestly, Good Riddance (Apartment Therapy)

I’ll admit, I do text “Here” before I ring the doorbell, but my last two snazzy college apartments have had broken doorbells, so maybe I was just denied the opportunity.

Word ‘Millennials’ Forced Into Headline To Boost Pageviews (The Onion)

And finally, The Onion saying what we’re all thinking.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Casey Schmauder is a Campus Correspondent and the President of Her Campus at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a senior at Pitt studying English Nonfiction Writing with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt