Michael Sloan ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Michael Sloan
Year: 2014
Major: Information Science
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Current Relationship Status: Taken

How did you decide on your major?
Technology and computers really interest me.

Do you know what you want to do when you graduate?
Nope.

What’s your favorite movie? Favorite TV show?
New Country for Old Men. It won best picture in 2008. Definitely the Office for TV.

What’s your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite artist or band?
I guess I’d say hip-hop.

I know you have a job downtown, what do you do?
I valet at Capitol Grille, which is very good and very expensive. We went for my girlfriend’s birthday last year and our check was outrageous.

Let’s talk about how you met your girlfriend – I know it’s a good story.
We met in highschool. We went to different highschools but we met through a mutual friend. I think that was Sophomore year. She wasn’t interested when we first met – so we let it simmer for a while and then we finally started dating senior year. Then we both ironically ended up in Pittsburgh – she goes to Point Park.

Where do see yourself in 10 years?
Colorado.

Why?
Cause I like Colorado. And they also have a lot of the technology Fortune 500 companies located there. So it’s a kind of a great opportunity.

Perfect meal?
Steak and mashed potatoes.

Favorite female celebrity?
Stacy Gash – from Clueless.

Turn-offs?
Girls that talk too much. And smoking. Nobody wants to kiss an ash tray.

Turn-ons?
Good hair. Fit. I like a girl that takes care of herself. A girl that’s witty is always a bonus. I like when she can surprise me.

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.