Women Behind the Words: Meet HC Pitt’s E-Board

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Sabrina martin

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Campus Correspondent/President
  • Year: Senior
  • Major: Mechanical Engineering
  • Favorite HC article written: “The Front Bottoms Live at Stage AE”
  • Fun fact: “After graduation I’ll be moving to Charlotte, NC to be a high school math teacher through Teach for America!”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “It’s a great community of members and everyone is so accepting and sweet!”

Claire Uyeda

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Campus Correspondent/Vice President
  • Year: Sophomore
  • Major: Pre-Pharmacy
  • Favorite HC article written: “The Five Love Languages as Pitt Buildings”
  • Fun fact: “I love to sing!”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “I love that it gives women a space to feel empowered and creative!”

madelyn decker

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Senior Editor
  • Year: Senior
  • Majors: Psychology & Communications, with a certificate in Corporate/Community Relations
  • Favorite HC article written: “Here’s Why You Should Delete Your Calorie Counting Apps”
  • Fun fact: “I have a Pittsburgh coffee shop bucket list!”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “It introduced me to one of my best friends & so many other amazing girls! It’s also a great outlet for creative writing that I don’t get to do much of in my majors.”

Lexie henning

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: PR & Events Chair
  • Year: Senior
  • Major: Media and Professional Communications
  • Favorite HC article written: “How the D’Amelio Show on Hulu Changed my Perspective”
  • Fun fact: “My dream is to live in Hawaii!”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “Everyone is so welcoming and supportive! ❤️ “

Serena garcia

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Daily Life Editor
  • Year: Sophomore
  • Major: English Writing
  • Favorite HC article written: “5 Misconceptions About Anxiety That Need to Be Debunked”
  • Fun fact: “I’m obsessed with Jersey Shore, and even met Sammi Sweetheart this summer!”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “I love HC Pitt because I’m able to do something I love with a great group of girls! Writing has always been my passion, and to be able to showcase my passion and love for writing on such a great platform is truly amazing!”

Olivia andrews

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Sex & Relationships Editor
  • Year: Senior
  • Major: Neuroscience
  • Favorite HC article written: “Growing Through Grief: What I’ve Learned Through the Death of My Father”
  • Fun fact: “I am going to law school next fall!”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “I love HC Pitt because it gives me the opportunity to explore areas of writing outside of my majors and minors. It’s also a great community of girls to be surrounded by!”

Shreya babu

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Fashion & Beauty Editor
  • Year: Junior
  • Majors: Sociology & Administration of Justice (minors: Legal Studies & Poli Sci)
  • Favorite HC article written: “Women (Not) in Law: Why I Decided to Start My Own College Club
  • Fun fact: “I’ve been learning different styles of Indian dance for 15 years! I spent 12 years with my first, 2 years with my second and have been learning my third style since last fall.”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “HC Pitt has given me the chance to get back to writing, which was something I loved to do when I was younger but unfortunately got out of touch with over time. Last year as a writer, I loved getting to express my creativity and thoughts within my articles. This year as an editor, it makes me so happy to be able to help people achieve the same in the best quality possible. HC is such a supportive, welcoming and kind environment that I am lucky to be part of!”

Nicole Arnold

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Position: Entertainment Editor
  • Year: Junior
  • Major: Classics
  • Favorite HC article written: “”folklore” Album Review: A Pop Star’s Poems”
  • Fun fact: “I have never broken a bone! *knock on wood*”
  • Why she loves HC Pitt: “I love having a space to write about anything and the amazing community of women with whom I get to spend time!”
Hi, I'm Claire! I'm a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh and a pre-pharmacy major. I love reading, singing, and animals. In my free time, I'll be cuddling with my cat watching TikToks.