Meet Matt Litzenberg, ’19

Name: Matt Litzenberg

Year: Freshman

Hometown: West Chester, PA

Major: Accounting

He might only be a freshman, but this kid’s got you in for some big laughs. Meet Matthew Litzenberg, or as his friends like to call him, “Litz.”

Her Campus: So this is your first year at Pitt, right? What’s your favorite part of freshman year so far?

Matt Litzenberg: Wow that’s a tough one. I guess how laid back it kind of is so far- I have so much free time. 

HC: Interesting, that’s certainly not the experience I remember having as a freshman… but OK. What do you do with all the free time? Homework? Clubs? Organization?

ML: Mostly video games. 

HC: Ah, of course. Well what about on campus stuff? Are you involved in any way?  

ML: I have a podcast called the “Litz and Gaby show.” We generally talk about pop-culture and sports. We also have an advice segment where people can send in problems– like sports questions or life questions- and we help them find solutions. Students can send their submissions to [email protected].

HC: So I know your friends call you “Litz,” but if you could make up your own nickname, what would it be and why?

ML: That’s another really tough one…

*2 milliseconds later*

ML: I guess I’d say Matty Ice because I am cool under pressure.

HC: You’re a clever one, Litz. Now tell me-, what’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

ML: I like Neapolitan. It’s strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. You kind of get a 3 for 1 deal.

HC: Tell us about something that you’re passionate about!

ML: I would say I’m really passionate about standup comedy. I myself haven’t done it in a while, though…

HC: That’s so interesting! Okay – now a two-part cliché question that never gets old: 1) what’s your go-to pickup line, and 2) (provided that pickup line works), what is your ideal first date?

ML: Well, my pickup lines never work. Usually I lie.

HC: Well then, moving right along two part two of the question…

ML: My ideal date: going out to breakfast, and then walk in the park or something.

HC: Who is your #WCW?

ML: I would have to say… Zooey Deschannel, because she is really quirky and I like that about her. I also like the stuff she has been in like 500 Days of Summer and New Girl.

HC: Anything else that you would like our readers to know?

ML: Yeah, just that I am looking for an agent for my comedy career. I am wiling to negotiate 10-15% cut of the earnings. Also, I am a really good guy and single. *wink*

Well, there you have it! Matt Litzenberg, everybody. You can check out his new WPTS podcast -“the Litz and Gaby Show”- at this link.

Photo Credits: All photos provided by campus cutie.

Hey, I'm Leah! I am originally from Jerusalem, Israel. Right now, I am a student at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring in French and Psychology. I am totally passionate about languages. My hobbies include drawing elaborate pictures with markers on white boards, searching for quotes by my favorite authors and writers, cooking, and dancing SALSA.