Jake Heyer ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Jake Heyer is this week’s Campus Cutie because he encompasses the tres cool alternative side of Pitt culture!
From creative writing, to drawing, to shredding on guitar and hammering his drums, Jake personifies that creative pulse that surges through Oakland. His love of sports, both on and off the field, paired with an appreciation for the arts epitomizes the diversity of Pitt. With humor and humility, you can see why Pitt ladies will swoon.

The Basics
Age: 21
Hometown: York, Pa
Major/Minors: English Fiction Writing
Sign: Capricorn

Jake sounds off!

Favorite thing to do at Pitt: Occasional study breaks in the Cathedral make me feel a lot better about the rest of the stuff I do.

Favorite Pitt Sports Team: I really only follow football, but I don’t really like to pick favorites. I hear our Quidditch team is kind of the shit too though.

Activities involved in at Pitt: I do a little of that intramural soccer and I’ll generally let my friends drag me along to whatever they’re doing.
Favorite thing to do off campus: I really dig hanging out in Scehenley Park, even when it’s covered in snow and ice.

First Thing you notice about a Girl: I’m an eyes and lips guy. If you’ve got a pair of big pouty lips or really pretty eyes I’ll probably be a sucker.

Dream Date: That’s a toss-up. I’d say a Saturday night in watching old kung-fu movies on the couch or a trip to the zoo.

Biggest Turn off: I’m not into mean girls. Common courtesy costs nothing.
Interesting/Weird/Amazing Fact about yourself: I have never in my life had a cavity and I’m keeping it that way!

Best thing about Pitt women/Her Campus readers: Yinz are generally pretty down-to-earth. That’s definitely a good thing.

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.