This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Jackson Wang 

Year: Sophomore       

Major: Computer Science

Relationship Status: Single

HC: What kinds of activities are you involved in here at Pitt?

JW:  I spend a lot of time at the gym bodybuilding. I also recently joined the Pitt Basketball Cheerleading Squad. I don’t dance though; I’m the guy that lifts the girls!

HC: How long have you lived in the United States?

JW: I’ve been in the US for about a year. Before that I went to high school in Vancouver, Canada. And then before Canada I lived in China and went to an International School. Even though I was born in China and was raised by Chinese parents, I think I’m more culturally connected with Canada. So every time people ask me where I’m from, I say I’m Chinese, but I’m from Vancouver. All of the important people in my life are in Vancouver.

HC: Who is your favorite superhero and why?

JW: What kind of question is that?! (laughs) Can it be a person or actor? Yeah? Okay, Bruce Lee is probably it. Maybe that’s just because he’s the only one I can think of on the spot.

HC: Do you have any good proposal ideas for when you meet “the One?”

JW: Hell yeah! It’s going to happen in a huge open area like Times Square…somewhere in public. I’m going to rent a helicopter with a ladder dangling down with me on it. Then I’m going to have a sign that says, “I love you. Will you marry me?” Then I’ll land, get down on one knee in front of her, and pop the question for real. At least that’s the story I’ve had in my head since I was 5.

HC: What’s your favorite Netflix show to binge watch?

JW: Breaking Bad or Prison Break. Everyone knows Breaking Bad, but Prison Break is really interesting, and the guy in that show is the most handsome man I’ve ever seen…and yes, I’m straight!

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect first date?

JW:  I’d say going to a very fancy restaurant, but a place that you don’t need to get too dressy to go to. No suites or ties. There would be some mood lighting—that dim romantic atmosphere. I’d just be myself and talk to her about our goals and friends and lives. Then we’d go to the beach or really wherever there is water (laughs) to talk more. And then I’d drive her home. Hopefully then she’d kiss me. THEN I would know there would be a second date!

HC: If someone were to meet you for the first time today, what do you think his or her initial impression of you would be?

JW: Good looking? Funny? Ugly braces (laughs)? Some of my friends joke that I’m sort of a playboy, but honestly, I don’t get it at all. But maybe someone might think that at first. Oh, and big arms!

Photos Taken from Jackson’s Facebook Page.

Hi, I'm Alex, and I'm a sophomore here at Pitt. Though I primarly edit articles for Daily Life at Her Campus, I also sometimes get the courage (or am forced...nicely) to write something. I love converse, Carl Sagan, big dogs, and cereal (for every meal of the day), and I enjoy watching videos of other people taking long walks on the beach. Sarcasm is my native language.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt