Have You Thanked a University Employee Today?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

In the spirit of the new year, we should all take the time to think of the things we are thankful for. However, some things get overlooked. Take the University employees for example; they feed us, clean up after us, and make the school safe. Why is it then that whenever I’m in Market I always see people being rude to the workers and not thanking them for literally cooking their meal right in front of them? If you’re one of those people, here are 10 reasons why you should thank a University employee today.

1) They deal with you during your college years. Not even your parents could handle that, which is why they shipped you off to school in the first place.

2) They make your meal exactly how you want it to be, no matter how strange the request.

3) Ditto for coffee.

4) They do your dishes for you and take out your trash.

5) If you’ve ever lived in a residence hall, a University employee has most likely cleaned your spit out of the sink at one point.

6) They clean the sidewalks so your drunk self doesn’t slip and fall on the way home from a party.

7) They deal with that stupid computer system to sign people in and out of residence halls.

8) Their shifts start way before most of us wake up.

9) They basically do whatever you want, whenever you want it.

10) And most of the time, they do it with a smile on their face.

That leaves me with the question: have you thanked a University employee today?  If not, you probably should thank them for being the college version of your mom.

Photo Credits: 1, 2

the dreaming realistH2P'16
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt