Got the Basketball Blues?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Okay so our panthers were knocked off of the road to win the basketball championship, and it is a little upsetting.  However, the exhilarating Pitt Football 2011 season is just getting geared up!  The players started their very early-in-the-morning practices on March 15thand the famous Blue-Gold game is coming up on April 16th.  All of the games are held at Heinz Field and student tickets are cheap.  The stadium is the place for Pitt pandemonium and tailgates are the perfect place to create memories.

Pitt has a new coach for the 2011 season, Todd Graham.  He seems like a great change for the team with new tactics and values to instill in the boys.  He focuses on traditional values of hard work and education and overall wants to WIN.  In an interview after the team’s first scrimmage on Pitt’s official athletic site, Coach Graham said, “I like the passion for which our guys competed”.  Graham is passionate and ready to lead us to victory.

Pitt is playing eight games in the 2011 season compared to last year’s six games.  Luckily for Pitt students, we can get a ticket to every game for a cheap $25.00!  That’s only $3.00 per game, and trust me, the fun you will have is worth it.  Pitt students are so lucky to watch their university’s team play in a professional NFL stadium.  The student section is one experience you will never forget.  Grab your face paint, your beads, and all your Pitt gear!  This season is sure to be an exciting one as our new coach said, “the one thing about our guys is they are physical.”  So order your tickets online and get pumped up for the upcoming game in April!

P-I-T-T.  P-I-T-T.  P-I-T-T.  Let’s Go Pitt!

Football not your cup of tea?  Then take advantage of your student ID by getting discounted NHL Pittsburgh Penguins tickets and catch a riveting game at the new Consol Energy Center!  American Eagle sponsors Student Rush, which sells discounted tickets to highschool or college students with an ID.  Simply show up to the American Eagle Outfitters Box Office on the day of the game, present your ID, and get a ticket to the game right then and there for only $25!  Remember, tickets are usually a lot more expensive.  Get there early to get the best seats and have fun! 

For more information visit:  http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=tic_studentrush 

Quotes from Todd Graham on Pitt’s official athletic website:  http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030611aab.html

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.