GIVEAWAY: Care For Your Hair & Win $25 gift certificate to Verve360 and Bumble and Bumble Shampoo and Conditioner Set

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We here at Pitt know how treacherous it can be to battle the wind, snow, and hail when it comes to your locks looking luxurious. Maybe even worse than that is all the torture we put our hair through to keep it looking hot: blowdryers, straighteners, curling irons, etc.

Read how to keep your hair healthy and looking Oh-So-Lovely, leave a comment below including your name and email address(say anything!), and you will automatically be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to Verve360 as well as Bumble and Bumble Shampoo and Conditioner Set!

Thanks to Verve360 hair salons in Pittsburgh for providing the prize!! The contest will run through Sunday, November 20th ending before midnight.

There are plenty of myths that say using a hair conditioner is bad for your hair. In actuality, when used properly, hair conditioners can be a good way to keep your hair healthy. There has to be a reason the model looks so happy in the Herbel Essence commericals, right? Here are some reasons as to how conditioning your hair can make you and your locks happier and healthier.

1) Your hair needs moisture.
Factors such as weather (especially with the winter coming) can dry out your hair. Using hair straighteners, blow-dryers, or other hair tools can also dry up your hair which causes spit ends and breakage. Conditions function to provide extra moisture to prevent your hair from feeling the heat.

2) Conditioner makes hair shiny & smooth
Conditioners smooth our cuticles which causes your hair to look silky and smooth. It also gives the appearance of healthy ends.

3) Prevents Static
“Not only will a quality hair conditioner help smoothen your hair and make it more manageable, it will help prevent “fly away” and/or static hair”

4) Can make your hair grow
Many conditioners come with nutrients to enhance hair growth. They also play a role in volumizing hair and eliminating hair thinning to give your mane a full healthy look

5) Makes it easier to comb and pre-style
I’ve found that conditioner makes it much easier to comb your hair after a shower. This makes your morning-routine slightly faster so you have time to enjoy that bowl of cereal. Depending on what kind of conditioner you choose, you can make styling faster by choosing a product that gets your hair follicles ready. There are options such a straight or curly hair conditioners that allow you hair to be more resilient to how you want to style your do.

Using Conditioner the Right way:
If your hair already produces its own moisture, using conditioner on a daily basis can weigh down your hair and cause build up. Stick with just shampoo.
Don’t go crazy with the conditioner. Stick to the ends and do not use it on a daily basis. If you overuse it, your hair can become dull and may dry out your scalp.
– Use the conditioner that’s right for your hair type. Take the extra time to browse the isles. Organic conditioner is becoming a popular trend. It’s a great way to avoid harmful chemicals in some products.
Leave in the condition for a few minutes before you rinse it out. Put some in while you shave your legs or wash your body. This method can also save time as well your locks!

http://www.happynews.com/living/haircare/need-use-conditioner.htm
http://www.hairenergizer.com/Top-5-Reasons-To-Use-A-Good-Hair-Conditioner-s/128.htm

Mandy is an English and Communication dual major at the University of Pittsburgh. She plans on graduating this April, but decided that she'd finish her last three classes online and move to the big apple for an editorial internship at Ladies' Home Journal. She is a proud Her Campus Pitt member from afar and the previous Editor-in-Chief. When she isn't exploring the city, she enjoys absorbing every TLC show, following news leads on Twitter, or blogging for her Small Girl in NYC Wordpress. She's orginally from Philadelphia and will always have a cheesesteak over a salad. Her previous internships include Entertainment intern for VERVE Management Social Magazine and the editorial/fashion intern for WHIRL Magazine. Magazines are her obsession, but writing is her passion. Follow her on twitter @mandy_velez or send love to her at mandyvelez16 [at] gmail [dot] com.