Frisky Friday: Threesomes or Don’tsomes?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

When we come to college, we have high expectations. We’ll be a scholar student, a social butterfly, and will have a sex life that resembles movies like Van Wilder, Animal House, and American Pie 2. And on that list of crazy sexcapades, having a threesome is a common fantasy that is held in the minds of college students across the country. Guys (many whom I’ve asked) would definitely be down to get down with two lovely ladies at once, one guy even saying “two vaginas, that’d be awesome!” Many girls seem either indifferent or entertain the idea lightly.
Honestly, to me, the idea of two penises seems a bit overwhelming. All I can think about is Kristen Wig’s entertaining portrayal of a penis in the opening scenes of Bridesmaids…haha! But anyway, how often do these crazy, sexy, and adventurous little sexcapades actually happen? The truth? Not nearly as often as the American Pie series and other college movie classics may suggest! Yes, we have random and sometimes super spontaneous sex with different ladies and gents around campus (depends who you ask haha), but hardly ever do we have sex with these people at the same time!! Not only do these movies portray the idea that these things happen, but they also made us believe that they happen fluidly and without a hint of embarrassment. But think about it, if it all came down to it, your boxers around your ankles, your bra flung across the room, and another guy or girl’s miscellaneous clothing scattered about, only to realize what’s about to happen, would you have the courage to go through with it?

Until Next Time My Lovelies,

Nahja xxxx

I'm a current Junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Spanish language! I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I am a huge city kid! I'm very open about most things in my life; Sex, drinking, partying, friendships, etc. (you name it). I'm a firm believer of loving and knowing yourself before allowing others to make those decisions for you. If you don't love yourself or know who you are, then others never will!