The First Day of Classes as Told by Stranger Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

It’s that time of year again! With O-week coming to a close, it’s time to start gearing up for classes again. Even though we’ve experienced many ‘first days of school,’ a new semester can still bring nervous and anxious feelings. Here’s the emotional rollercoaster that is the first day of classes, as told by our favorite Stranger Things characters.

When you wake up excited for the new semester

And your roommates hype up your cute first day ‘fit on your way out the door

Realizing you have a friend in your lecture

When it’s your turn to share a fun fact about yourself

Listening to your professor go over the syllabus

And then realizing how many exams and assignments you’ll have to do this semester

When classes get out early because it’s syllabus week

Taking a mid-day nap because you’re not used to waking up for 8 a.m.’s – but then being woke up by your mom calling

When an upperclassman who already took the class tells you not to buy the textbook

Going to Starbucks after class to treat yourself for surviving such a “long” and “hard” day

And realizing you have to wake up and do it all again the next day

But deep down you know you’ll do great this semester because you always do

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Madelyn is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring Psychology and Communications with a certificate in Corporate/Community Relations. Outside of writing and editing for Her Campus Pitt, she is also a member of CHAARG and Gamma Sigma Sigma. In her free time she enjoys watching horror movies, making Spotify playlists, exploring Pittsburgh, getting coffee and working out.
Erin is the President of HC Pitt. She is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering, currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Besides Her Campus, she is also involved in Pitt American Society of Civil Engineers. When Erin isn't studying, you can find her dancing, binging New Girl, jamming out to John Mayer or exploring the Burgh!