Fad Alert: Internet Radio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

With the release of iTunes radio, more and more people are utilizing predesigned music playlists to discover new and old music. Instead of firing up the old Pandora, here are some other websites that put a twist on your hackneyed Pandora use.

Songza:

An incredibly useful site if you’re a “mood” listener. You can set the time of day, what activity you’re doing, or even just check out the popular playlists. The site builds playlists of music specific to your activities! For example, the 3 PM workout grind playlist is full of upbeat and fast tempo songs like Pitbull and Ke$ha to help you kick butt during your cardio sesh! The 10 PM sleep playlist is full of Ed Sheeran and Boyce Avenue to relax you right to sleep.

8Tracks:

Indie fans, rejoice! 8Tracks is another playlist building website, but based more on indie and lesser-known artists. Playlists are built by users, and you can find the playlist perfect for you by using tags! For example, the playlist “Focus Focus Focus,” by user karinanirak, is full of instrumental songs and scores from movies that help you clear your headspace and get your work done. From old to new, 8Tracks has everything you’re looking for.

Last.fm:

last.fm is a great app that you definitely should be using any time you listen to music. It tracks your artists, and keeps them logged so they create playlists for you based off of your last listen! What’s awesome about last.fm is that by downloading the “scrobble” app for your computer, last.fm will keep track of your played music. Even better, scrobbiling works with Spotify, iTunes radio, and 8tracks. Another awesome feature to last.fm is the extensive library of free music. Based on your music history, they find songs “recommend for you” – a deal you can’t pass up!

Based on your music history, they find songs “recommend for you” – a deal you can’t pass up.

Instead of spending hours whipping up a playlist for your party this weekend, let one of these great Internet radios make you the hottest DJ on campus!

Photo Credit: 1 2 3

Entertainment Editor, Her Campus Pitt @abbystubenbort i like bands & boybands & burritos & pop culture
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt