This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Swifities and NFL fans have united in the past few weeks after news broke of a possible relationship between singer/songwriter and global sensation Taylor Swift and Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. 

Rumors have been swirling about the two, and they have millions on the edge of their seats, waiting to see what’ll happen next.

I, like many, very much approve of this pairing. So as we are waiting to see what the future holds for this possible relationship, let’s take a look back at everything that we know about the two. 

Back in mid-July, Travis Kelce caused an uproar when he admitted that he had tried shooting his shot with Taylor when he attended one of her Kansas City shows on her Eras Tour. On his podcast he said that he had made a friendship bracelet that contained his phone number, which he attempted to give it to Taylor after the show, but was ultimately unsuccessful.

Fast forward to mid September where Kelce is constantly being asked about Swift during interviews. Every time he was asked about her, he tried to change the subject, and refused to comment on his personal life. But he later admitted that the ball was now in Taylor’s court because he invited her to come see one of his games. Then, just days later, on September 24, Taylor Swift is spotted sitting in a box with Travis’ mother at the Chiefs game. The two were later spotted leaving the stadium together, and driving away to an afterparty in Kelce’s convertible. Pictures were recently released of the two being rather warm and cozy with one another at the afterparty. 

Many have speculated that this cannot be the first time that the two have been together. They find it hard to believe that Kelce would introduce Taylor to his mom so early on, especially if he himself had never privately went out with Swift. Some say that the two were both in New York around the same time in August, while others claim that they saw Travis at not one, but both of Taylor’s Kansas City shows back in July. However, there’s no way to be sure that these claims are true. 

In all reality, knowing Taylor Swift and the mastermind that she is, we have to realize that we only know what she wants us to know about this blooming relationship. Things could be fairly new, just as the media is telling us, or things could have been in the works since Kelce tried to give her his number. 

All I know is that whatever the outcome may be, it’s easy to see that the two would be absolutely adorable together, and can definitely bring out the best in each other. So whatever happens, we can only hope that they are both happy, and, just maybe, that we’ll be getting some more updates on the two in the near future. 

Ella is currently a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh pursuing a degree in Communications. She loves reading and writing in her free time and loves getting to talk about important topics or events in the media.