Dave and Andy’s Scoop of Advice: Halloween Hook-Ups

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Houdini said it best, “The freaks come out at night.” There is no freakier night of the year than October 31st; but if you’re looking to partake in some Halloween hanky-panky, then there may be a few things you want to consider before you shed your costume. Here are a few pros and cons of hooking up on Halloween night.

Pros:

Costumes are an instant ice breaker

Almost any costume you wear on Halloween will be an instant conversation starter which will open up the floor to a number of different suitors who may not have had the courage to approach you on an average night. Say you dress up as something funny. BAM! Some guy makes a witty joke in reference to your costume and sparks are flying. Say you go as something a little more scandalous (depending on how revealing it is) you will probably have a plethora of guys drooling over you anyways, so it’s just a matter of picking the right one. 

Playing the numbers

Halloween night is one of the top five drinking days of the year (number #1 is surprisingly the day before Thanksgiving). This means that the majority of your college campus is going to be out looking to party, meaning it’ll be one of the few days where you are going to have an overabundance of people to choose from. On any given night you probably see the same group of people at the bar; but on Halloween night that guy in your calculus class whom you’ve been dying to see out is at your party dressed up as Superman, and he’s looking for a Lois Lane.

More (haunted) house parties

Not only will you see a lot of people that on a standard night you normally wouldn’t, but you’ll also have a lot of new places to go. Big parties, small parties, frats, bars and clubs. On Halloween night your options will basically be endless!

Cons:

The walk of shame

The next morning could be the most awkward walk of shame that you’ll ever have to encounter.  Nine times out of ten everyone can probably guess what you did last night and where you’re coming from. Walking home in your sexy cat costume at 10:00 AM on November 1st will have you sticking out like a sore thumb. It’ll be pretty hard to convince people that you are just out for some extra trick or treating, so I would suggest that if you are going to be partaking in a Hallows Eve hook-up that you consider doing one of the following:

a) Head to your place

b) Bring a change of clothes

c) Leave in the dead of night (spooky- be careful!)

d) Prepare for an absolutely epic walk of shame 

Hooking up with someone in a bulky/awkward costume

This could go for either you or your hook-up. If the lucky guy came dressed up in a full movie quality Optimus Prime costume, it is going to be hard to get out of- or even worse, get back into when the deed is done.  If only one of you went all out on your costume then it might be slightly difficult to go all out when the night comes to a close. Needless to say, pick your man accordingly.

When the mask comes off

If you somehow get tricked into giving up the treats without seeing what the guy looks like underneath the mask, then you might be in for an unpleasant surprise. If his real face is scarier than his mask, or those abs on his Batman costume were more rubber than muscle, then you are S.O.L. I suggest getting that out of the way before you make it back to his place or else you might be wishing he was a ghost and could disappear. 

Always remember: It’s all fine and dandy when you listen to Andy!

Photo Credit

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt