This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Tinder, Bumble and Hinge, oh my! If you have experience with any of these apps, you know that while they can be fun, they’re also breeding grounds for awkward pick-up lines, weird encounters and some straight-up not-so-great people. Whether you take dating apps seriously or use them just for fun, almost everyone has a dating app horror story. So, get ready to cringe with secondhand embarrassment because here are ours.

Tinder BFF?

Not a horror story, but I think it’s funny. I matched with a guy on Tinder and he invited me over to his dorm. I agreed, assuming (and wanting) a hookup. I ended up just hanging out and drinking with him and his entire group of friends. Long story short, nothing ever happened between us but now his group of friends (and him) are some of my closest friends.

The Eager student

I matched with my cute TA on Tinder, then ruined the opportunity by asking when our midterms would be graded… He didn’t recognize me until I said that and was completely uninterested.

From sweet to bitter

A kid was all sweet and caring towards me, literally brought me his mom’s cinnamon buns and flowers four days after we met in person — until I friend-zoned him to not lead him on and he came back at me with “at least you won’t have to worry about back problems in the future” and other semi-gaslighty behavior. Oh, and of course demanded that he get his mother’s Tupperware back. He literally angrily arranged a way to get it from me like it was his dying wish.

Anna Schultz-Cinnamon Rolls Driping With Icing
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
IOU nothing

This kid with a Range Rover I met on Bumble was surprisingly nice and took me out to an Italian dinner and then didn’t even try to kiss me. We hung out a few more times and I had a good feeling until the words, “we’ve hung out four times now, don’t you think you owe me something?” left his a**hole of a mouth. I was horrified, owed him nothing and my friends and I proceeded to yell at him over phone the next day. He never saw anything wrong with his request because “his boys” told him that “if nothing sexual happens by then, then you’re incompatible.” Four nights hanging out without sex is a dealbreaker I guess! P.S. First of all, he couldn’t even kiss right…

Middle Finger Butt Feminism Angry Mad
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Worst of all…

Two years ago, I went on a few dates with this guy and it went super well, so I invited him to my place one night after one of our dates. After we had sex he said that I needed to go see a doctor because he gave me chlamydia ON PURPOSE as a kink?! Literally took the condom off. Be safe out there ladies, men are scary. Deleted Tinder right after this.

Madelyn is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring Psychology and Communications with a certificate in Corporate/Community Relations. Outside of writing and editing for Her Campus Pitt, she is also a member of CHAARG and Gamma Sigma Sigma. In her free time she enjoys watching horror movies, making Spotify playlists, exploring Pittsburgh, getting coffee and working out.